The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Windscreen

penguin

went to the sup this morning, sat in, turned up the stereo...... and there it was...... :cry: .... a "smallish" crack near drivers side :cry: .... just wondering if insurance companies can pay to have these fixed.... i'm with elephant so not really holding my breath :swear: :cry: .... and another thing that really flucked me off was the huge amount of pigeon shit all over it :swear: , not forgetting the cat scratches on my spoiler and offside rear light :swear:

It's usually free to fix with your insurance or 50 quid if they have to replace the windscreen. Doesn't affect NCB. Get it fixed straightaway. I had a tiny chip which grew into a long crack in the space of a few hours. New windscreen required.

Yep i agree with the above, i am with elephant i had mine replaced last week it cost £50.00 and they use RAC windscreens. very prompt and efficient service. :) Just make sure you specify the windscreen is for a later model supra.

The number is on the back of your yellow envelope.

How much is a windscreen though?

My current insurer specifies a maximum of £350 (plus excess of £70 the cheapskates :swear: )

Somehow I fear the supra screen might cost more...

I should know this as I had one last year, buggered if I can recall the exact cost though :looney:

Suffice to say they are a lot cheaper than £350 so you are WELL within your insurance limits.

I had mine replaced through RAC windscreens, but had to wait 7 weeks for it

:( :mad:

Make sure they use the correct seals if they replace as another member has had probs with his.

I think as swell that if the crack/chip is over 50mm they can't repair.

(You need to check on that though.)

Guest pete g

Im fully comp with elephant and had mine fitted a few weeks ago. If you ring the number on the back of your insurance certificate it will take you straight through to the RAC head office where they will then divert you to your local branch. They are very quick, but you will probably have to wait for the screen to be ordred, and i had to take mine to the depot to be fixed rather than them come out cos they said it is a difficult job! The whole process cost me 50quid and i didnt even have to speak to the insurance company! They also done a great job :thanks:

I tell you what though...... and i aint joking, the guy in the shop showed me the invoice for the screen and it was £1170!!!! they were going to be billing elephant for £750!!!

So... if if anyone is reading this and your not fully comp, dont go to RAC other wise you better rob a bank!

Guest pete g

Just reading a few other posts. The yellow envelope is what all your elephant insurance documents and info come in. its more like a folder. The number for RAC is on the back.

Also only had to wait 5 days for my screen if anybody was wondering.

• 2 months later...