The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manual or auto?

CardiffSupra

Still on the serch for a supra, Just wondering if there is any difrence between Auto and manual speed wise?

i like to put my foot down and like my high revs! :flame:

The reason im asking is because im after a Twin Turbo aeroTop but i understand these are only available in auto (feel free to correct me)

Thanx once again for your help!

gareth.. :urock:

My Ideal Supra

I'd opt for an auto Supra, stick with its twin turbos and have it tuned to put out just over 400bhp. This, I believe would give me bullet-proof reliability, smooth unfluffable gear changes, perfect traction and completely usable power.

To be honest I did love the auto box when I first used it... but it took me a while to learn to make the most of it :conf:

Right, that made me sound like a prat so I'll explain (All IMHO): To me it seems like the auto box actually does two jobs: In full auto mode it behaves like a large, heavy, powerful muscle car, eg point it in a straight line and nail it, it'll sit back and launch :) But put it in manual mode round some twisty roads and the engine braking and better response makes it feel more like a proper sports car, it even feels more lightweight to me :conf:

I am looking forward to picking my Uk auto on saturday, my mate is taking the mick as i have previously said I would never have an auto!!! I test drove it and I was impressed. Only time will tell If I have made correct decision. I would love to here off anyone who previously thought they would never have an auto box and ended up with a auto tt.

I am looking forward to driving it without a neverous salesman sat next to me and unleashing everything it has!!! Roll on saturday, I hope its dry!!! :-)

I thought I could live with an auto. I couldn't so converted it to a manual :cool:

:hijack:

Was this an easy or hard task!!

The reason i'm asking is that once i have the finished the work on my UK Man 6 supra, i'm hoping at some point to transplant the engine with gear box ect ect ect into an Aero Top!!

:thumbs:

I swore I'd never have an auto but I swore I'd have a Supra. Knowing little about Supras I was convinced I couldn't get a J spec in manual (which is close to true!) so I reluctantly bought an auto.... haven't looked back! You learn the autobox and you can do a lot with it... gear changes are FAST!