The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ZYMOL ?? Is it any good then ??

DaveN

Is anyone using this magic wax ?

Is it as good as they say ?

Is it as weekly, monthly or whenever re-application ?

Interested to see a picture of a Black Supe that has been Zymol'd if there's anyone out there ?

Ta

I have been using it on mine (not black though!) I don't know if it is any better than any of the other products out there but there is nothing wrong with the finish it put on mine! One thing though it smells good enough to eat :looney:

Which Zymol are you talking about? There's the range that cost hundreds of pounds, or there's the bottle of blue stuff that's about 12 quid in Halfords.

I'm cheap :D, so I use the blue stuff but it's pretty good. Takes ages to apply and get off again properly but it does smell good (like coconut).

Its very good, but needs regular applying, we have been applying Diamondbrite to cars for 5 years now. Personally dont think you can beat it if done PROPERLY and not bought on dodgy black market fake stuff from ebay :rolleyes:

Everyone has their opinion though, and some will agree / disagree, the only problem with Zymol though is that they insist you have to use their Zymol HD Cleanse first to remove all your current coats of polish / wax etc "or the zymol wax wont bond to the paintwork"

Personally i thought car protection was all about having a good build up of coats over time.

But you cant argue with Sonax Shampoo and Diamondbrite results............ :thumbs:

Diamondbrite FAQ

:cool:

its wax, i still don't reckon there are certain waxes for clear coats or solid colours!

if anyone can prove me wrong please do, i'm a painter by trade and the quality of it depends on your pocket not on if your car has clearcoat or solid colour? i may be wrong i usualy am but i can't see what difference it would make as wax only sits on top of your paintwork! please feel free to salte me into the ground as i probably need it :-)

Zymol is absolutely fantastic.

I've been using it about 2 years, you only need to use it about twice a year

(for a full treatment), but you can re-wax in between if you want. Unfortunately I dont have any pics of my freshly Zymolled car but pics wouldn't do any justice to the finish anyway.

Your best off getting the starter kit which costs a hundred quid, and go for the Japon wax which is specific to japanese paint, (Except the Honda NSX which has it's very own wax).

The kit includes HD Cleanse, Shampoo, wax, sponge applicator, teflon coated cloth and a spritzer bottle that you use for when claying the car. This is a small clay strip which is usually £10 extra and is used to remove oxidisation. Meguiars have recently introduced a clay and spray product which you could use instead of the Zymol clay bar and is about £8 and you get 3 times as much clay.

The most impressive product is HD Cleanse, after using this my 12 year old paint looks like it's about a month old.

By the way, I don't work for Zymol, I've also heard very good things about Meguiars and Swissol which I think is just a rip off Zymol but still very high quality.

Phew, that turned out to be a long post, hope it helps anyway. :thumbs:

how can a car have its own wax has it got special paint?? as far as i know cars are painted in two pack or two pack solid colour.ok as of late there is the addition of aqua base but they still use two pack top coat, why would you need a special wax?????? (still ranting) :p

Is anyone using this magic wax ?

Is it as good as they say ?

Is it as weekly, monthly or whenever re-application ?

Interested to see a picture of a Black Supe that has been Zymol'd if there's anyone out there ?

Ta

I used Zymols Japon wax and thought it was nothing short of amazing. Ill try and find pics when I get home (stuck in work ATM!), but it almost looks as if my paint is still wet - almost "liquid" like.

Its £42 for a tub of the wax alone and the starter kit (which has a bit of everything including the excellent HD Cleanse) is about £99 I think. Its the most Ive ever paid for wax, though I was suitably impressed with the finish.

Ive also been impressed by Megiuars Gold Class Wax (about £15/bottle) and even their Gold Class Shampoo is good, as is Meguiars "Next Gen" wax.

Neilsens also gets the thumbs up!

EDIT: Acutally, Zed has covered everything I wanted to say, far more concisely :)

And the Japon Wax I use is what DaveN posted up http://www.zdouk.com/detail.aspx?ID=30

It all sounds a bit complicated to me .............. :limp:

Directions for Use:

1. Wash and dry the car using zymol Clear Auto Bathe.

2. HD-Cleanse the surface to assure 100% wax bonding.

3. Using the zymol Wax Applicator, apply a very small amount of wax onto a 2ft x 2ft surface in an even coat with side-to-side motions.

4. Using a zymol Microwipe, with light pressure, slowly wipe the wax in the opposite direction once, assuming a uniform coverage. Wait for 20 - 30 seconds. With medium pressure, slowly rub the surface to set.

5. Turn your Microwipe and, and crystallise the wax to a deep shine. Let the wax cure for 30 - 45 minutes.

I washed my car the weekend with sonax shampoo and polish, and although it looks great :respekt: , I don't quite get the satisfaction at the end as it's a silver car. :cry: Some of the pics you guys put up,ie michael and willson make me doubt myself as to whether I chose the right colour because they look soooo good when cleaned up.