The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Air Filters

Todd

After having the Supra for a couple of months I decided to ignore all that I had read on here and buy myself a HSK mushroom filter for the NA, money well spent I thought as it sounded better and loked a bit more bling in the engine bay.

3 weeks later I now have the stock box back in with a TOMS filter panel (supplied by Nic) and the HKS is heading for ebay.

Why? well as I said I ignored the general opinion on here, bad move :respekt:

I've tried a couple of days with the stock filter and then the TOMS (so easy to change, unlike plugs :complain: ) and whilst no difference in the noise levels the acceleration *feels* smoother and the auto box for whatever reason *feels* sharper.

I aint no tuner or race wizard but very happy with it, thanks to Nic for sorting this out for me :thanks:

What's the temp in the UK at the moment? The cooler the ambient temperature the more you will notice the performance difference between the pod and panel filter. So is the sound similar with the panel filter, I'd have thought it would be a little quieter?

Def quieter than the HKS and not much difference to the stock filter.

From a cold start the HKS felt great but after a few miles it almost felt sluggish, kind off assuming it was heat soak?

I live in Fife so temp aint a problem as it's always bloody freezing here ;)

One of the first things I did to the car, was to upgrade the air filter up to the stock airbox/stock paper filter.

Sold the Apexi (1/5th of the active filtering surface), bought a stock airbox for £20, money well spent.

BPU cars traditionally have an aftermarket airfilter, so I immediately fell into 'BPU-' territory.

I can live with that...