The mkiv Supra Owners Club

where to buy a supra??

Guest WRC

Guest WRC

Hello, im a guy from Norway looking for an 1993-94 twin turbo 6speed to import home to norway. Im looking for an jap import, and it should be from an trader, so i can buy it without the VAT.

If anyone want to give some websites to check out, or want to send me some offers on mail use : [email protected]

also private sellers can contackt me ,if the prize are the right.

coulor black or silver, some mods would be great

I know, but traders can cut of 17.5% of the prize, when selling cars,parts to norway. because we are not in eu. but we must pay 25% vat when taking it home. and then ca £9300 in taxes to get the a 93mod supra TT on the road with lincensplates ;-(

That still doesn't make sense to me. A trader sells you a £10,000 car for £11750 with VAT and you claim the VAT back, or a private seller sells you a £10,000 car for £10,000 and you claim nothing back.

What's the difference? :conf:

That still doesn't make sense to me. A trader sells you a £10,000 car for £11750 with VAT and you claim the VAT back, or a private seller sells you a £10,000 car for £10,000 and you claim nothing back.

What's the difference? :conf:

When you buy parts from a trader some of them give you a basic price + VAT, the VAT goes to the Government.

The buyer is paying the VAT indirectly, so if he lives in another country he shouldn't have to pay anything to someone elses Government .

Most traders would have to be VAT registered and so do this, but I thought this was for new vehicles only.

Surely the VAT was already paid when the vehicle was bought new or imported into this country.

Too complicated!!!!!!!! :)