The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I lost my exhaust muffler today

China Man

Hi all,

I had done the double de-cat today and it is the first time I had put the muffler on the Blitz exhaust to keep the noise down. After some motorway driving back to London from Watford and the muffler was GONE!!!

:swear:

The garage forgot to put the FCD I provided and couldn't get the denso 22 plugs I wanted in time. I am keeping my eyes on the boost gauge and so far it boost up to max 0.8 and never hit fuel cut yet. Not much road that I can test the car in London TBH.

Not going well today at all !! The only good thing is the car does feel a bit more responsive and the brake lines from dude fitted onto the car nicely.

Did anyone DIY install a FCD?

Is it possible to buy a muffler?

China

Clarkey,

I haven't install any restrictor ring and with both cat removed I only hit max boost 0.8?

I got 2.5" decat pipes and Blitz Nur-spec R. May be my BOV is not holding boost? I checked all the hoses and no loose hose to be found anywhere.

China

Worth checking Boost hoses. Even the most tiniest itsy bitsy tear in a hose is enough to leak boost.

A thought .. maybe completely wrong ... If the decat pipes aren't properly sealed with exhaust seal gum stuff ... is it possible for that to cause a big enough exhaust gas leak to cause the loss in boost ?

Simon (Green Peace) spent big bucks on his car trying to get his boost problem sorted, in the end I think it was simply fooked hose/pipe.

It might also be an idea to give TTC mod a go. As far as I know if it still boosts while in TTC mode then you know both Turbos are ok.

That's my thoughts - am not too techie am afraid still learning. Am sure one of the techie guys here can give you better guidance than me.