The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anybody fitted a baby seat in the back of a Supe?

Justin

I tried one today at 'baby's are us' and the lady freaked and said she wouldn't sell it to me to fit into 'that car!' :p

Has anyone fitted a baby seat in the back? If so can you tell me the make and model of the seat you bought. I'm talking about the 9 month to 4 years ones.

I can't put him in the front as there is an airbag in the dash. I can't put him in the boot coz he'll bang his head on the NOS bottles :D

I tried one today at 'baby's are us' and the lady freaked and said she wouldn't sell it to me to fit into 'that car!' :p

:D

What a stupid cow! I guess she would have thought the child would be much safer in a daily shopper clog.

You didn't tell her about Pod, did you.

Both Graham S and I have had kiddy seats in both Supra's...

You just need to make sure you really lean on it to keep the belt tight (pretty much the same as any car)...

Luckily my little one sits on the front now in a car seat...

You guys have back seats ... ?

Wow, learn something new everyday on here. I thought they were for holding 2 sacks of groceries. :looney:

I use a nice one for my little guy that fits nice in the bucket type seats in the rear of my Soarer. I can get the name/model number if you like....

In the same situation myself, been to several shops but to

no avail :( The position of the seatbelt clip/lock? seems to be

the problem, too far forwards, seat just slides about!

What i have seen done is.......A bin liner filled with frame fixing foam

compressed into the 'bucket' of the seat, allowed to harden,

this then forms a flat surfice on which to fit a seat.

Not too sure about the safety/legal side though!

Has anyone fitted a baby seat in the back? If so can you tell me the make and model of the seat you bought. I'm talking about the 9 month to 4 years ones.

I can't put him in the front as there is an airbag in the dash. I can't put him in the boot coz he'll bang his head on the NOS bottles :D

Glovebox? ;)

right its a BRITAX TRIO and they fit very well in the back seat of a supra some one on this site has a picture of it cant remember who it is though :blink:

That's brilliant cheers Stevo. I'll check it out.

Nice one. :thumbs:

mind you the girly at babies`r`us (ipswich) didn`t like the car either, the other member on the site had pictures of it fitted, once i had seen it fitted i was like ` yeah, right, cheers pet, i know how it looks` so in the end i fitted it in the front seat till i got out of the car park, the girl was doing my head in so i just did it to shut her up, i could feel myself getting close to the edge :swear: