The mkiv Supra Owners Club

air con- ebay kit

ardasaliah

When I had mine recharged they used an expensive looking piece of kit. I believe they totally drained the system first and created a vacume in it before putting in the right ammont of gas.

I dont know if the drain / vac part is important but they told me using the right ammount of gas is, and I wonder how you'd know if only "topping up", if indeed you can do that.

I think the condensor automatically cuts out when approx 30g is left. So when it stops working you need about 700g of gas.

Does anyone know what pipes you use to refill the air con system?

There are two one at the front by the sight glass and one at the back towards the right.

• 1 year later...
Guest Rickster

bad idea guys...unless your planning to sell the car.....removing the moisture is really important as it causes corrosion with ruins the system totally....., also you should add 30ml of PAG oil to the system to replace compressor oil. The compressor will cut out when pressure drops, and this is depending on atmospheric pressure, therefore there is no way of knowing how much gas your system has in it... remember that your aircon system is one of the most expensive parts of your car to fix, saving pennys now could cost you ££££'s in the future.

Any members in the sussex area wanting their A/C serviced properly can bring the car to me, I will do it for £40....there you are....cant say fairer than that!!