The mkiv Supra Owners Club

CW "mini group buy" fast road pads

Suprasteve

According to CW we need atleast 4 people to buy a set of both front and back pads in order to get a discount.

Jap Spec (cost £120 + £10 P&P)

UK Spec (cost £140 + £10 P&P)

1. Suprasteve (Road spec pads please)

If one person picks them up from him then could save on P&P. (but suppose unless everyone lives near one another there no point as still need to post them ?!?!)

CHRIS IF THIS IS INCORRECT PLEASE PUT ME RIGHT ASAP!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confused by the wording. :conf:

1. Do you need 4 people to buy front and back sets or could 8 people buy either front or backs?

2. Is the price shown for front and backs seperately or for a set of front and backs?

I am confused by the wording. :conf:

1. Do you need 4 people to buy front and back sets or could 8 people buy either front or backs?

2. Is the price shown for front and backs seperately or for a set of front and backs?

2. CW does not recommend only running Fronts or rears....run them together or not at all.

OK, so it is £140 for a set of UK fronts and rears?

Yes, it appears that way

plus postage. though im trying to get CW to either...

1 - post to one person, and that person take em to Japfest or JAE

2 - take em to said shows himself if he is goin, to be distributed

in both cases i think payment is required first

Rob

It's not that hard :) Full sets or nothing. These are the prices for the Fast Road pads.

Put me down for a UK set.

Jap Spec Fast Road Full Set (cost £120 + £10 P&P)

UK Spec Fast Road Full Set (cost £140 + £10 P&P)

1. Suprasteve

2. RobSheffield

3. Ian C

-Ian

It's not that hard Full sets or nothing. These are the prices for the Fast Road pads.

Put me down for a J'spec set.

1.Secondjump

1. Suprasteve

2. RobSheffield

3. Ian C

It's not that hard Full sets or nothing. These are the prices for the Fast Road pads.

Put me down for a J'spec set.

1.Secondjump

1. Suprasteve

2. RobSheffield

3. Ian C

4. Womble

not that I actually clean my wheels but how dusty are these pads? I had your race spec pads on my import and they were 'fking mental', never faded and made your eyes water when used hard, but quite dusty. Im assuming these are almost dustless and noisless?

Thats a great price btw.

JB

From my use of the pads on my import and all the discussions back then the race pads are truly that, they will have continued bite with almost no fade lap after lap. A true nutter on the track will make them fade but my track day at Donnington and other places never saw them fade once.

The fast road pads will never experience fade in a road situation but on a hard track day could eventually fade.

You really need to make sure your brake fluid is in good condition as well, the race pads put a lot of heat in to the brake systems. The race pads also made the car sound like a bus pulling up at a bus stop, annoying but easy enough to put up with. I should think by now the fast road pads Chris supplies are up there with the race pads I used to use, but without the dust and noise problems.

JB

Yes please, after toasting mine at Brunters on Sunday... :)

1.Secondjump

1. Suprasteve

2. RobSheffield

3. Ian C

4. Womble

5. Jason M

6. SimonB

The fast road pads will give more bite and more fade resistance than stock pads, and given similar usage produce similar amounts of dust to stock. Squeal has never been an issue with them even when used without anti squeal shims, the deletion of whih will give a noticeably firmer pedsl feel. They are for fast road usage, for sure, on J-Spec brakes they will fade on a track day, given hard usage. Most people doing their first few trackdays will not fade them.

The race pads are carbon kevlar type compound. They are noisy, they do make a lot of dust. they have an INCREDIBLY high coefficient of friction and will tolerate glowing discs. they work from cold, so those unworried by noise, dust and cost, could use them as an everyday pad (I did). They will survive all but the most manic of track day usage in J-Spec brakes, and I doubt *anyone* on road tyres would fade them in UK calipers.