The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How cheap are Supra's going to get?

Bill Prawn

Life has generally taught me 'you get what you pay for'. I paid £14k for my GZ Aerotop from a board member last July. Dude has just given it a major service inc. cambelt and he couldn't speak highly enough about the condition of the car - so for me it was £14k well spent.

I don't mind being cheap when it comes to the work hack, but being cheap on such a high performance car is asking for trouble IMO. Do you really want something to go bang when on your way to a 12 second quarter mile :cool: There's an awful lot of energy we're asking these 10year old cars to hold down :sly:

That said though, if a car is straight, you can get it cheap and then spend on it to get it how you want it then why not ?!? Just be sure you know what you're getting ;)

Have I just contradicted myself ? - :twak: :D

M reg twin turbo for this and L reg for that

:( :eek:

That's expensive, it's even not cheap for a none damaged one... A 94 TT auto went through the local auction and sold for 3800 the other week, as tidy as many I see here. I know the guy that bought it, it's in for a service and look over soon, he's going to smoke it about until a punter comes along.

How cheap are Supra's going to get?

Who cares, my car look better every time I see it :thumbs:

I paid 6k for my NA and I can't think of another car for that money that gets so many admiring glances and positive comments.

That's expensive, it's even not cheap for a none damaged one... A 94 TT auto went through the local auction and sold for 3800 the other week, as tidy as many I see here. I know the guy that bought it, it's in for a service and look over soon, he's going to smoke it about until a punter comes along.

Get us one next time you are there ;)

-Ian

Bought a "cheap" (7500) one too and needed another 1300 to get it somewhat good again. So you get what you pay for.

I got mine even cheaper, and didn't really need anything spent onto it, I just decided to change this and that.

I had even factored in the price change of turbos, which it probably doesn't even need.

Yet.

Verified the whole service history from day one, and my own tests show nothing foul.

However, that's easier to check on a UK car. Beware of 12-13year old jap imports with laughably low mileages. I've seen some real dogs out there, big bills awaiting the unsuspecting 'bargain hunters'

Sorry to go a bit off topic but while we are on the subject of prices what do you guys think of what i paid for mine as follows:

1993 K Reg Supra SZ (Import obviously)

89,000km MOTs verify as has been in the country since 1998

Very good condition although has had a respray at some point (overspray here and there although may have happened when kit was fitted)

18inch Lenso alloys

Full Veilside Kit

Super Drager Exhaust (now off the car dont like it)

Apexi Induction kit (also off bloody noise box)

HPI clear (i had one done to verify)

Private plate worth about £300

Delimited

Everything works fine apart from the light behind one of the buttons on the dash

Engine sweet as far as i can tell so far

all for £5,700

What you think?