The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cambelt change - £?

SteveR

When I eventually get my Supra (Jurgen is hopefully looking for one for me at the moment :)) I assume it's a good plan to change the cambelt immediately, is there is no proof of it's last change? How much is this going to cost me to get done, (so I can budget for it)? :)

TIA :thanks:

If cambelt has been changed it should have the mileage and date of change on the cambelt cover.

Immediate change not really necessary, as the supra's engine is non-interference (ie not terminal for the engine if the belt breaks).

Should cost about £200 ish (ballpark)

When I eventually get my Supra (Jurgen is hopefully looking for one for me at the moment :)) I assume it's a good plan to change the cambelt immediately, is there is no proof of it's last change? How much is this going to cost me to get done, (so I can budget for it)? :)

I got quoted £350 by Toyoat for them to do this........gimps, just dont take it there!!!!

I reckon £200 tops including the belt but I could be wrong, someone correct me if I am :D

I changed my Cam belt last week as mine had just done 60,000 miles. I got three quotes and ended up getting it done for £160 all in. I took it to a jap importers where a mechanic who knew what he was doing did it. My highest quote was £180. You are supposed to change at 60k Ive been told.

Come to us and it's £175.00+parts for a cam belt inc small service (thats for both - not just the Cam Belt!!)

:thanku: