The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying advice appreciated

Guest Towrope

Guest Towrope

Hello Everyone!

Just signed up – I wonder if you good people could pass on some advice?

The usual storey I guess – been considering a Supra for some time now, just a few concerns before I take the plunge!

Have seen a TT for sale in Bristol (http://www.car-imports-direct.com/).

Anyone heard of them or purchased from them?

It’s a 96 ‘P’ (am told it’s a facelift), has covered 52K, auto, is standard and is going for £10,995.

Reg is P488 YAE – anyone know of this car? Its been on the forecourt for a few months. Its had one owner since import.

Does this sound like the right kind of money?

The test drive was very smooth with no rattles to report (although we never really ‘went for it’ – boo!). However, there were a couple of observations that I would appreciate your thoughts on (Im certainly no mechanic!).

- There was quite a bit of white smoke coming out the back when we started off. I was wondering if this was due to the fact that the car had been on the forecourt for a while. Seemed ok after a while, but was difficult to see.

- We came round a bend in town and the car juddered dramatically. Not sure if this was down to quality of road, but it did make me think ‘hmm’. Any ideas?

All advice greatly received. Have loads of other questions, but will save them for my next post!

Lastly – I live about 4 miles from Castle Combe, so will hopefully see some of you at the Japfest for more questions!

Many thanks.

As SG, it's says very difficult to give an opinion from your description, could be a lot of things.

I'd definitely recommend that you take either a good mechanic or ideally some one who is familiar with the Supra along with you to look at any car. There are a few members around Bristol area, it might be worth asking on another post to see if someone local can come and help.

Forgot to say welcome :D