The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ever been embarrased of your Supe?

Jake

I tool the Supe to an evening wedding reception once. When we got there I said hello to the folks and went to the bar to get a drink. When I got back my mother in law had taken a bunch of people I didn't know out to the car park to see my 'lovely car'. It was very embarassing because I could see all these posh new Merc/Beemer owners all thinking "big deal, it's a 12 year old Toyota" but my mother in law was going on about it being a James Bond car.

She's embarrased me like this a few times. I've poliely asked her not to do it but she just thinks I'm being modest.

Anyone else have this problem?

(Todd's post about being harrased in his Supe at Oban prompted me to post this.)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the lights on the A41 at Hunting Bridge in Watford, sitting next to me was an Audi RS6 Avant. I felt an absolute tool, cos here I was with my dirty great big wing, the car looks like it's doing 200mph just sat there, and I'm sat next to a bloody estate car that could tan my arse- I knew it, the Audi driver knew it, those lights took an age to turn green...

Only when standing in court trying to describe how good the perfomance was, how well it stopped and handled etc.. I dont think that helped my case :read:

PMSL! "yes your honour, i've tried it several times, the supra will stop from 140mph just as quick as any supercar......................bugger!!!"

I was at the lights on the A41 at Hunting Bridge in Watford, sitting next to me was an Audi RS6 Avant. I felt an absolute tool, cos here I was with my dirty great big wing, the car looks like it's doing 200mph just sat there, and I'm sat next to a bloody estate car that could tan my arse- I knew it, the Audi driver knew it, those lights took an age to turn green...

So what, My last car was an A6 (not an RS tho) and NOBODY looks twice at it. Stick a private plate on the supra to hide the age, and everybody looks. You cant make like Vin Diesel in an Audi.

Only this weekend my mum proved she is embarrased of my car when she banned me from using it to attend a funeral - the car is black it would have fitted in perfectly and I had even offered to put the bung in. :(

Not really an embarrassing moment, but, about a year or so ago, we were visiting my wifes sister in their new home.

We were just looking out of her kitcken window at their front garden when a BMW pulled into their close.

They slowed down to have a look at the Supra, then the woman in the passenger side gestured the 'wanker' sign at the car, and they drove off.... :conf: :rolleyes:

........then the woman in the passenger side gestured the 'wanker' sign at the car, and they drove off.... :conf: :rolleyes:

Ha, she wasnt even the driver. Well she was probably just jealous on the inside but coz she was in a "superior" :read: :read: car she thought she had to be clever!!

think my most embarrasing time was a few weeks ago at Tesco, was walkin back to the car and there was an old couple walking past the car. they stopped and the bloke was pointing at my Amuse exhaust and was laughing..... they didn't know i was only about 10 feet away :D if only i had remote start :devil:

The only slightly embarrassing moment I've had was on the very day I first bought the car. On the way back I stopped off at a Little Chef for some grub - as you do - and when I came out there were 3 grannies all standing round my car saying what a lovely car it was. Not exactly the sort the female interest I was hoping to get from the car! :)

It embarassed me big time on Sunday, was at a friend's house, I try to keep a low profile, but she came out and started "ah, oooh, ah" etc, then I started up to leave and a big puff of stinky smoke came out and engulfed her, even the wind was against me.

I was taken aback cos it had never smoked before.

It was the first time I took it out fully decatted, apparently the cat holds that initial puff, lol...