The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Busy this weekend

Vaughany

I have been busy this weekend, well I done all the labour, my mate done all the painting in his garage. What do you think, a definate improvement so I can now forget the aftermarket bodykit.

I also had the fan shroud and the spark plug cover painted. This is only the start, once the single turbo, hose techniques (blue) and the FMIC hard pipes are fitted in the next couple of weeks, the engine bay should look pucker.

DSC00009.JPG

DSC00014.JPG

DSC00010.JPG

DSC00013.JPG

DSC00021.JPG

DSC00011.JPG

Thanks guys

Bobbeh - Yeh they are J-Spec headlights, need to be changed eventually.

Mr Lover - lowered on Eibach Sportline springs - 30mm at the front and 20mm at the rear I think. the 19" rims seem to fill the arches better aswell so they definitely complement each other.

Hello mate

I wasn't sure how to take the Fan shroud out myself as I did'nt know if it came apart in bits. After along time working it out I did the following procedures.

* Disconnect and remove the car battery and battery mounting plate

* Disconnect the coolant pipe from the radiator and turn this upwards so the fan can pass by it

* Jack the car up and unscrew the bottom engine cover (black plastic cover that sits underneath the car.

* From here you will see 4 screws, two are for the fan shroud and two are for the small coolant fan - unscrew all of these

* return to the engine bay and unscrew the 2 top screws that secure the shroud to the rad

* unscrew the top screw that secures the small fan (6" diameter fan) to the rad. Unplug the connection to this fan and lift this out

* reach down the fan shroud from above and undo the clips that attach the bottom half of the shroud from the rest (bottom circular bit).

* You can now Remove the fan shroud

It seems like a lot of work but you coan do the whole job in about half an hour, it is well worth it. As for affording to go single, my original plan was to purchase hybrids but I decided to spend a couple more grand and get alot more HP. I hope the thrill will be worth the money I spent and the headaches I am getting from the missus.