The mkiv Supra Owners Club

was bored so refurbished my alloys

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

i got some chrome finish spray can from halfords, its a halfords product aboutt 300ml u need 2 cans, also buy some primer.

1.take wheels off and clean, with water ans soap.

2.get file and take off high spots, use wet and dry and give full alloy a rub.

3. use some metal filler or bodge, and apply to areas where its needed, once dry rub till ur happy with finish use wet and dry for finish.

4.sray wheels with primer and wait to dry, dont forget to mask tyre wall.

5.use chrome finish spray bit tricky to use but u will get the hang of it, apply as much as u can but evenly try no to let it run,dont rush it take ur time.

6. let the alloy dry for 6 hours.

i could of done a near perfect job if i took longer so i am going to do again.

total cost of job was £27 and my time.

next time all i need is to spend £12 for 2 more chrome spray cans :thumbs:

You cant do what he did on yours Ro.. as all he did was rub down, fill in the spots with the filler and spray over. I presume your kerbing is on a polished lip, you'll just have to rub it down, and then polish up with a mop. You might have issues if its laquered or chrome plated too. That was my problem.. but the polished aluminium looks nice and blingy. You cant just spray paint your rims.

not so much kerbin on mine, just some pits. not to deep mind, but startin to annoy me know. plus around the spokes is a nightmare! will give them a rub yeah, that's what they need the most i think. haven't given them a proper clean yet i.e. taken off the car etc.

pretty sure the salt from winters eatin up any lacquer that might of been on them anyway! gettin some Do-lucks in a few months anyway, will see how these clean up and might sell them or keep them for the winter. if i sell them, might have to get my standard 17s back! :D

the wheels i had were factory chromed painted, so i just basically fill the cracks and rubbed down and repainted and got the same finish too, but a genuine chrome lip is different but if your alloys are well fooked i would just do what i did, they may not be chrome but will look it.

and it looks better than kerbed and marked alloys for £27 and 6 hours of your time what u got to lose, but dont rush the process just take your time and let the chrome paint to settle if u get more time apply some laquer, i will be re doing mine again to get them A1, as all they need now is slight rub down and a new coating. :cool: