The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What would you do?

osso

I've owned my Supra for just under two years now, and i've been tempted to go single. However i can not decide whether i want to spend thousands on this supra or buy an areo top instead.

I currently own a low mileage Manual RZ-S VVTi (1998) and im guessing it could fetch in the region of 16k maybe more or maybe less perhaps on today's market. i dont know. Anyway if i was to go single i would need the following....

BL 67 Turbo Kit, Intercooler, Fuel Rail, Injectors, eManage, Uprated brakes

Uprated Clutch.. there maybe other things i've missed out, but this probably going to cost somewhere around 8 grand at least.

So im thinking about about the possibility of selling my car and maybe getting an aerotop instead. Paul Whiffin's has a perfect example.. 10 grand for an areotop, i could use the money i have left over from selling mine and turn it into a beast. and even get some sparco seats, a highstall converter, and even fit it out with a body kit!

The problem is the hastle selling cars privately, not only that, with the problems i have had in the past with my car, now that its running really well, i wouldnt want to go through the hassle with another car. so i cant decide what to do! but when i see pics like this on supraforums it just makes my mouth water!

http://www.supraworld.com/supra/newsig11-23-04.jpg

So what would you do? anyone wanna buy my supra? :D

Id just go single with the current car mate.

granted aerotops look better in the summer, but at all other times (read most of the year in the UK) id much rather have that power available whenever needed

But the Aeros are quicker !!!!!! :sly:

Dude :cool:

I've owned my Supra for just under two years now, and i've been tempted to go single. However i can not decide whether i want to spend thousands on this supra or buy an areo top instead.

I currently own a low mileage Manual RZ-S VVTi (1998) and im guessing it could fetch in the region of 16k maybe more or maybe less perhaps on today's market. i dont know. Anyway if i was to go single i would need the following....

BL 67 Turbo Kit, Intercooler, Fuel Rail, Injectors, eManage, Uprated brakes

Uprated Clutch.. there maybe other things i've missed out, but this probably going to cost somewhere around 8 grand at least.

So im thinking about about the possibility of selling my car and maybe getting an aerotop instead. Paul Whiffin's has a perfect example.. 10 grand for an areotop, i could use the money i have left over from selling mine and turn it into a beast. and even get some sparco seats, a highstall converter, and even fit it out with a body kit!

The problem is the hastle selling cars privately, not only that, with the problems i have had in the past with my car, now that its running really well, i wouldnt want to go through the hassle with another car. so i cant decide what to do! but when i see pics like this on supraforums it just makes my mouth water!

http://www.supraworld.com/supra/newsig11-23-04.jpg

So what would you do? anyone wanna buy my supra? :D

James come for a ride with the new 74 , shas a bit nippy !!!!

Dude :innocent:

Personally I would keep hold of the Manual RZ VVTi they are pretty rare....

As For the Single conversion...ask a few 'Punters' as well as 'Dealers' who have had the conversion done, that way you will be more confident with any decision you make and they will tell you about the pitfalls, how much it 'Really' costs, what can go wrong, and on the brighter side, the benefits etc.

I'd ask a few people not just one.

Chris TRD3000GT is having a single soon so hes a good person to talk to and CJ has had it done.

Personally I'd just keep it the way God meant it to be...and ward off the evil forces....(but tempting I spose now you mention it he he)

:p

But in summery...choice between 93 aero auto with money for mods or keeping your Manual VVti ....mmmmmm well sorry no contest ...keep the 98 Manual VVTi...

Edited to put the words 'as well as Dealers' in

Go for the project - It's much more fun!

I was tempted by the 'cheap' Turbo aerotop myself with a view to transforming it as and when I could afford to and would've looked it over if it wasn't bleedin' miles away.

I must admit that since completing the kit I'm missing the tinkering. Quite fancy a GT40 with monster V8 next. Or perhaps I should consider paying off for the cars I have already first. :sly: