The mkiv Supra Owners Club

range rover hid wiring help

lovatt

i am fitting a set of hid units to my car, they are self leveling and look round corners when you turn :eyebrows: can anybody help or ideally send me a wiring diagram for the new shape range rover (the one with HID front lights) , i already have the projectors fitted and looking like factory, all i need now is to sort the wiring out, i am using the standard range rover ballasts and loom

i have worked out yellow is live and brown is earth so far, the main ones i need to find out are the thin yellow and the thin purple wires

i tried the range rover forum but the only reply i got was "ooo i have those on my range rover" :who:

any ideas ? :rtfm: info must be on the net somewhere but i cant find it for the life of me

yes mate i must say i like to stick to factory stuff where i can, usually outlasts aftermarket stuff

i am using them as my dipped beam, i have everything i need, if i need more parts i can still take them off the car, i might try that site if i cant find the diagram

MERCHKX how come you deleted your post mate ?

Didn't want anyone else to get the idea. I've been looking for some parts for ages now, didn't want any competion if the projector I'm looking for ever appears on Ebay!

I've got some superb HID bargains on Ebay, a pair of Hella ballasts and Philips D2S bulbs for £6 delivered.(from a 2004 car)

Did you get your parts from a salvaged vehicle?

I bought a Supra headlamp from the local scrapyard which I've been experimenting with, I'm surprised there's going to be enough room to fit the adaptive HID lights.

I was going to do a post with all the info and pictures after it was all done, looks like your going to beat me to it with an even better setup with the adaptive lighting. :)