The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cleaning up Kerb damage..

Bobbeh

Been busy today taking off some mild kerb damage from my front wheels. Just as well too as the tyres I had on there were worn (I knew this) but when I looked at them off the car the inside tyre wall was coming away from the rim/flat of the tyre!! :eek:

I definately recommend people to check their tyres before and after they do any track action just incase :Pling:

And there I was thinking about scrubbing them out in Germany this year. I am so glad I am not so cheap otherwise things could have got nasty!

Anyway, got the tyres off the wheels and started on the kerb damage. Came out quite well. This also gave me a good opportunity to get rid of a lot of the brake dust build up under the spokes.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.pogmore/wheel3.jpg

Im gonna go back later and polish them up with some Autoglym.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.pogmore/wheel2.jpg

The car looks funny now, Im getting new rubber Tuesday, so until then I'll be pimping like this :D Good to see how the new wheels make the car look so different from the stock/standard look.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.pogmore/wheel4.jpg

I had my standard rims refurbed about a year+ ago by Pristine. They still look it! :cool: Just need to refurb the calipers next!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.pogmore/wheel5.jpg

Feels good being productive! :thumbs: Oh and another thing that made me smile today was finding one of my Blitz dust caps.. I thought I'd lost one but it was stuck to the inside of one of the center caps from last time the wheels were changed!! :rolleyes:

Fine grain (too fine I think 1600 here) Wet n dry paper, warm soapy water, loads of elbow work rubbing it down. As its aluminium it goes a little dull, but its so easy to bling it with a good polishing mop and with a little help from Mr Back & Decker :D

Used Autosol metal polish with the mop to shine it up... and thats about it. Went over after those pics were taken with some Autoglym polish to just give the wheels a little extra protection.

The car felt SO much nicer to drive with them on tho. No wheel shakes, tramlining, hmm I miss my 17s :)

Seeing quotes like this over the years makes it harder and harder for me to take the plunge and swap out the stock rims...I'd like some 18's for the look but, not at the expense of the ride - DAMN!

Nice job on the rims Bob's :)

Seeing quotes like this over the years makes it harder and harder for me to take the plunge and swap out the stock rims...I'd like some 18's for the look but, not at the expense of the ride - DAMN!

Nice job on the rims Bob's :)

Get the stockers polished mate. If I could have bought the stockers polished like they do in the states I so would have put them on mine.

my car tramlined like a bastard until I changed the tyres. It's got 275 and 235 mil wide (I think.. roughly anyway) tyres and it doesn't tramline *one bit* any more.

Tyres I changed to were Falken's too - hardly the creme de la creme.