The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tesco 99Ron

baojun

Following up:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=37582

Based on the information given by:

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=423423

I found out this morning that the nearest Tesco station from my place is the one in LakeSide at J30 M25. I have seem and pumped full tank today, and IT IS TRUE, 99Ron is finally here. Just that I didn't expect Tesco is the one :)

I have been pumping Optimax to all my Jap turbo cars for the past 3 years. And this is the first time I am pumping some other brand into my car.

From my opinion, there's increase of power and better fuel efficiency (used much less on my way back than going there).

But if you been using optimax, you may found the improvement is not much.

Anyway, that's just my own opinion. Dont FLAME me please.

The threat from Scoobynet didnot give the location of the petrol stations. Therefore, to save some time for you, I have checked out some locations for the 99Ron. You can go and give a try if want to.

99 OCTANE STORES:

Beford 1--RIVERFIELD DRIVE, BEDFORD, BEDFORDSHIRE

MK41 0SE

Cheshunt Extra--BROOKFIELD CENTRE, CHESHUNT, WALTHAM CROSS, HERTFORDSHIRE

EN8 0TA

Crawley Hazelwick--HAZELWICK AVENUE, CRAWLEY, WEST SUSSEX

RH10 1GY

Gallions Reach Extra--?

Gillingham Kent----COURTENEY ROAD, GILLINGHAM, KENT

ME8 0GX

Lakeside Extra---CYGNET VIEW, LAKESIDE, GRAYS, ESSEX

RM20 1TX

Ramsgate Manston--MANSTON ROAD, RAMSGATE, KENT

CT12 6NT

Salisbury 2--BOURNE CENTRE, SOUTHAMPTON ROAD, SALISBURY, WILTSHIRE

SP1 2NY

Sandhurst Extra--THE MEADOWS, MARSHALL ROAD, SANDHURST, SURREY

GU47 0FD

Sevenoaks Riverhead--AISHER WAY, RIVERHEAD,SEVENOAKS, KENT

TN13 2QS

Stevenage Extra--THE FORUM, STEVENAGE, HERTFORDSHIRE

SG1 1ES

Winchester--EASTON LANE, WINCHESTER, HAMPSHIRE

SO23 7RS

There are some rumors:

1. Shell is importing their Vpower(Blue color) into UK.

2. BP is importing 99Ron petrol by next week.

I am not sure my information is correct but as I remember Tesco is not a fuel manufacturer, so not sure where did they buy from. This will directly affect the quality of the fuel.

If anyone know more comfirm information please do reply on this thread.

Hope this helps.

Baojun

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure my information is correct but as I remember Tesco is not a fuel manufacturer, so not sure where did they buy from. This will directly affect the quality of the fuel.

If anyone know more comfirm information please do reply on this thread.

Hope this helps.

Baojun

I'm a Manager for Tesco and its is true they do not manufacturer their own petrol they buy it from distribution centres like Kingsbury etc. They keep prices low by buying from different suppliers (cheapest on the day normally)

Most of the time on our reciepts for deliveries it tends to bi elf-avn Texaco and Esso. Tesco are one of the largest retail sales sellers and have recently removed all of there LRP and have replaced with SUL and Tesco being Tesco are pretty switched on when it comes to customers needs so would think they have seen the oppurtunity and gone for it

I'm a Manager for Tesco and its is true they do not manufacturer their own petrol they buy it from distribution centres like Kingsbury etc. They keep prices low by buying from different suppliers (cheapest on the day normally)

Most of the time on our reciepts for deliveries it tends to bi elf-avn Texaco and Esso. Tesco are one of the largest retail sales sellers and have recently removed all of there LRP and have replaced with SUL and Tesco being Tesco are pretty switched on when it comes to customers needs so would think they have seen the oppurtunity and gone for it

Thats why tescos are a multi billion organisation now :Pling:

slightly off topic but i was stuck with no fuel at the Trafford Centre this morning and ended up putting Texaco's 'Super Unleaded' in (just a tenner to get home mind you!!) and i didn't even know they did it, always thought the options were BP SUL or Optimax

will go and check out the Tescos in Blackpool later i think and see if they now have this new 99RON :) i've always stuck to Optimax unless i can't find a Shell garage so a few pence cheaper per litre will be most welcome :D

will go and check out the Tescos in Blackpool later i think and see if they now have this new 99RON :) i've always stuck to Optimax unless i can't find a Shell garage so a few pence cheaper per litre will be most welcome :D

I think it's only being sold in this part of the country at the moment :p

Fortunately one of the garages is only 1/2 mile from where I work :woot: I'll try it when i finish this tank off

slightly off topic but i was stuck with no fuel at the Trafford Centre this morning and ended up putting Texaco's 'Super Unleaded' in (just a tenner to get home mind you!!) and i didn't even know they did it, always thought the options were BP SUL or Optimax

Ive used Sainsburys SUL for the past few months, and as you found out Wez, there aint no difference in performance ;)

cool salisbury I pass that way every day. I use intermittent between sainsburies sul optimax and esso sul.

[HIJACK ON]

How the fuck are you dude, long time no speak, looking at your avatar there, whats going on with your motor, is that a crease I see in the door..... :(

[/HIJACK OFF]

Shell are bringing V Power to the UK thats a fact :), but whereas on the continent its 100 ron it will be 99 here.

The first thing I did when I arrived in Holland was go straight to the local Shell station but V-Power is 95RON here and they seem to be phasing out Optimax. Apparently there's little demand for it... :(

Just topped it up with 99RON at the Tesco in Thurrock, we'll see if it makes any difference, eh?.. :D

Well OK it won't, because it will be diluted with the rest (97), but at least the price was lower than OptiCrap --- which is only guaranteed for 95RON, no matter what they used to imply with their false and misleading advertising