The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Avcr Questions

supradibbs

may be a silly question but been having a quick read up and what does it mean by duty???when setting up it refers too boost/duty

And how does the gear boost thingy work i understand that you can have diffrent boost values for diffrent gears but........and how would it be best setup up i.e for first second etc max of 1.2 bar

Anybody round this area that could give me a good demo and setup

:thanks:

i believe duty is the amount of spike it allows to find the desired boost level, for example, if you want a boost pressure of 1.2 bar (does the apexi even read in bar i thought it was kg/cm3 or something, or is that the same as bar?) and you allowed a duty percentage of 25% then that would allow the apexi to spike up to 1.5 bar to find the 1.2 bar quicker, rather than a lower or 0% duty setting that would mean it took a little more time/work to find the required boost pressure

that's how it was explained to me anyway when mine was being mapped!

the in gear boost thingy is something that you could use to say have a lower boost for the launch gear to avoid to much wheel spin etc and then have it come in higher on the next gears

the other nice thing about the apexi is it 'learns' your cars characteristics too so it smooths off the boost spikes over time once it's used to it etc

Duty is the percentage of time the valve spends open compared to closed. So 25% duty means it's open for say 0.25s ever second. The longer it's open the higher the boost, as when it shuts, manifold pressure is allowed to reach the wastegate actuator to open it.

-Ian