The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do these come off

Vaughany

I am going to paint my stock side skirts (The black plastic bits). I was wandering how these come off, it looks like they are held on by 10mm bolts but is there anything else that secures them aswell (Clips on adhesive).

Once there off, how difficult is it to put them back on, will I need an adhesive to secure them, if so what should I use. I would appreciate if someone could shed some light on this asap as I want to colour code all my black bits (Active spoiler aswell and front lip) this weekend.

On a separate note, does the front lip just unbolt aswell?

Cheers

All these views and no replys, does'nt anyone know or is it because I asked a stupid question. If it was a stupid question, I apologise but it is only stupid to those who know the answer.

Please enlighten me with your knowledge as I dont want to take them off only to find it is an absolute pain to get them back on.

Cheers

mate i looked but couldnt help as never taken them off.probably like most people Dude probably best to tell you when he pops on :)

But what id do is unbolt them, if they fall off then no they are not stuck, give them a little wiggle, if still not coming off, you'd have to say some adhesive is used. hope this helps

Vaughany, from memory (always dodgy) the flat bits under the door have clips that can just be popped off gently. The rear and front curved sections have a more directionally specific clip, that you can break if you are not careful. Unfortunately i can't remember which way it is? I only found out once it was off. I'd unscrew these curved bits to get them lose, and then shine a torch down to see if you can see the remaining clip attachment....

.....hope that helps

no adhesive so easy to put back on....

active spoiler front section can be detached from the rest of the mechanism (might need to pop off an undertray section?)

Front lip does i think just bolt to the bumper proper, so again easy removal/refitting....

the biggest problem is getting them damn stock skirt bits back on afterwards from memory the clips are a real PITA. IMHO get some second hand veilsides or GZ skirts and put them on far far easier and it looks better afterwards. Someone was selling a set a while back and it took eons for them to sell. they went fairly cheap in the end I think.