The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA to Single Turbo Conversion???

Bobbystone

HI Guys.

Im in the process of possibly changing my Na for a Twin Turbo.

The only thing is ive spent lots of money on my car that i dont want to see it go.

Im thinkin.........

Shall i have a Turbo Conversion as i like to be different :eyebrows:

I would like some help on the cost of this(approx £4000)

Who can do it(whifbitz, envy, miami gt etc)

Has anybody had this done?

Please give me as much advice on this as im crazy and would like it done now :D

Cheers

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Guys.

Im in the process of possibly changing my Na for a Twin Turbo.

The only thing is ive spent lots of money on my car that i dont want to see it go.

Im thinkin.........

Shall i have a Turbo Conversion as i like to be different :eyebrows:

I would like some help on the cost of this(approx £4000)

Who can do it(whifbitz, envy, miami gt etc)

Has anybody had this done?

Please give me as much advice on this as im crazy and would like it done now :D

Cheers

Vortex will be fitting mine within the next few weeks (T61), ordered it today, i think it will be a first for the uk, should be intresting to see the results, get in touch with Terry at vortex, for more information.

nick

Dave H in the states would disagree he runs 9's on a stock NA block (its never been removed from the car .

Terry at Vortex can do a real good deal on an NA-T kit , the block is allmost identical to a TT

Give me a Bell i deal in cold hard figures/times and we can discuss your options , in escence your buying a TT to throw all the TT parts away !!!!

Dude :devil:

Ever think these guys may like their cars and want to be a little different

Yeah, but I also think about all these people wanting a Supra, end up with an NA 'as long as its a Supra' and then regret not getting a TT because they want the power.

Hear it a lot, and the advice to the people when they're looking is to always get the TT in the first place.

He can do what he likes with his own car, im only jesting hence the smiley :)

Or are we talking about toally ripping this stuff out?

I've recently (this week) been doing a bit of research into this.

Seen the NA-T kit that you can just bolt onto the standard NA engine which will supposedly get you to 300BHP without running more than 10psi (approx) and if that is what you're looking for then I agree, you might as well buy a TT.

I'm more interested in going the "full monte" which will mean injectors, ECU and all that, but its gonna be a long term job starting by making the rest of the car ready first. When I get my brake hoses from Dude (tomorrow :woot: ), that'll be the change to UK brakes on Sunday (fingers crossed) then looking into rear axle and seeing what I'll need to do there.

Then more research into what to do next.

Vortex will be fitting mine within the next few weeks (T61), ordered it today, i think it will be a first for the uk, should be intresting to see the results, get in touch with Terry at vortex, for more information.

nick

Nick - I would be very interested to know how this goes and good luck. Nice to see someone doing something a little different.

Is yours an auto or manual?

Facelift 5 speed faye,

I agree with a lot that has been said and i should have gone for a tt in the first place, i purchased mine for its looks only wasnt really interested in the performance, but when you look around at what else is on the market nothing really catches my eye apart from a tvr (reliability), so i have deceided to go for a boostlogic turbo kit from vortex. :D

Guest Terry S

Dude there are 10's cars in the US running 5 Speeds.

Will be intersting to see how Nicks works out:thumbs:

BTW, the NA-T will have a shit load of low down response due to the compression ratio.

Dude there are 10's cars in the US running 5 Speeds.

Will be intersting to see how Nicks works out:thumbs:

BTW, the NA-T will have a shit load of low down response due to the compression ratio.

Yeah but you get a greater Hero factor with a 6 spd !!!! :eyebrows:

Bobbeh told me 10's were old hat

Dude :devil:

Cheers All for all the feedback im gettin.

Couldnt reply last night to any as needed beauty sleep :burp:

I really do want to do this so now its just about getting some figures on price and possible gains in power.

Ill contact Dude and Terry to try and nail something down.

I would go the tt way but i do think my car looks far better than any tt ive found and i just want to be different :sly: