The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from Shanghai

Bill Prawn

Oh yes, I thought they were just being friendly :sly:

Have you tried the Long Bar in the Shanghai Centre (2F level), full of local foreigners and a good place to ask where are the happening places to go at the moment. In fact pop along there tonight - they have a fashion show on Thursday nights at 9:30pm - and you might even see some of those long legged northern Chinese birds :D

And don't go anywhere near Julu Road :taped:

Has an area of dodgy bars and many women of the night - so I'm told :innocent:

Oh and enjoy the MotoGP :woot: the circuit is fantastic. Maybe a problem if it is raining though - a lot of open air grandstands.

Oh and enjoy the MotoGP :woot: the circuit is fantastic. Maybe a problem if it is raining though - a lot of open air grandstands.

Not much chance of rain, 33 degrees today at the circuit and it's only 11.30am :eek:

Piccies of Grandstands, paddock entrance and the Shanghai TV tower.

Not seen any soop's yet though :(

P4280009.JPG

P4280020.JPG

P4280021.JPG

Had the same last year at the Shanghai F1 last September. Although it doesn't look sunny in the attached photo, after 3 days of exposure I was totally fried. Good luck.

The picture shows where I was sat and because I was so close to the apex of the hairpin I didn't even have to wear the ear plugs :music: It was bloody loud though all the same.

Usually with the F1 cars it has been an absolute must at previous GP's. Don't know what sort of the noise the bikes generate though :confused:

I have worked in China, on a daily commute basis, for about 10 years now and in that time I have only seen one supra. That was only a rather tatty red colour (NA?) - probably nicked from Hong Kong when 'nice' cars were really hard to get hold of in China :eek:

Stop off in HK on the way back to UK and you'll see probably one Supra. Common as muck now :taped:

ShanghaiGP04.JPG