The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suspension renew

Paul Whiffin

I've just replaced every suspension part on my Supra and can safely say the difference is amazing. I've basically changed all the top arms, lower arms, tie bars, drop links, track rod ends, etc. plus every nut, bolt and washer. 3 of the old bolts were completely seized in the bush sleeves on the lower arms so the arms wouldn't have been moving correctly. I got all this from Japan where the parts are much cheaper than buying from here so it doesn't work out to bad.

I'd recommend this to anyone with high miles or getting a bit old like mine!

I've just replaced every suspension part on my Supra and can safely say the difference is amazing. I've basically changed all the top arms, lower arms, tie bars, drop links, track rod ends, etc. plus every nut, bolt and washer. 3 of the old bolts were completely seized in the bush sleeves on the lower arms so the arms wouldn't have been moving correctly. I got all this from Japan where the parts are much cheaper than buying from here so it doesn't work out to bad.

I'd recommend this to anyone with high miles or getting a bit old like mine!

Is this as well as the bushes that you replaced very recently? Which do you think is the most noticably beneficial?

Any ideas of cost?

thanks.

Overnight parts from Japan, cool :D

Personally think thats way over the top, 90% of it would be purely down to the bushes etc... i would think.

Have you got uprated ARBs and/or strut braces too?

Why's it over the top? My car is 12 years old, knuckle joints wear out and you can't replace them without changing the whole arm. You can of course just change bushes if required. I didn't want to do that as I wanted to refresh my whole suspension to make it feel like new again and it does.

I've got TRD ARB's and Cusco strut braces at the moment.

Mine has Tein susp, with pillowball's. They are starting to wear out,

very small amount of play from them, but when it's amplified by the

cars bodywork....sounds bloody awful.

Are just the pillowballs/mounts available to buy? Or am i gonna have to

replace all the susp?

Do you know what type of Teins have you got?

• 3 weeks later...