The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1 new tyre - problem?

CJ

The car had its MOT today and passed after needing one new tyre due to a bulge in the old one. I needed it doen quickly and bought a Dunlop SP Sport 9090. The other existing tyre is a Pirelli.

My question is, will there be a problem running different tyres on the rear?:conf:

TBH, I thought as much. Ah well, I guess I will use them for the next week as i am running the car in and not giving it any welly at all. I can then use them for the RR session whilst it is mapped and then change to a new set of F1's.

Or just buy one more 9090

I was thinking of that Jake but had really wanted the F1's if possible as I found them to be excellent the last time I used them.

In saying that, I could go with another Dunlop as my mileage means they dont last a very long time anyway.

What sizes are you running Colin?

I did a quote for fronts at 35x245x18 and the F1's came out more expensive than the P0's! I couldnt understand that as when I first got the GSD3's they were so cheap.

The rears are 285 / 35 / 18