The mkiv Supra Owners Club

In-car phone kits ?

QSC

Anyone know anything about in-car phone klits ? I just fitted a Nokia CK-7W hands free kit (fitted one before without too many problems), but the volume is almost nonexistent, there's a constant bleeping sound as the phone charges, and the stereo is constantly muted - anyone any ideas at all ? :(

Yea i would say its either been wired wrong or the unit it dodgy.

Is it a fully integrated kit or just a ciggy lighter one anyway?

No, it's a genuine fully integrated kit, exactly the same as the one I put in the Supra - it's impossible to wire up wrong - perm live, IGN live, earth, mute, mic, speaker - that's all there is to it -

Stumped !!

Yellow (permanant) is not normally connected Mine isnt. (incase you flatten battery)Unless you want to work it with your ignition off. If your H/U is muted you must have a "tel mute" in your H/U. (normally pink) Either cut it off, or check the settings on your H/U. Did you wire any of it to your H/U i.e the red live?

Yellow (permanant) is not normally connected Mine isnt. (incase you flatten battery)Unless you want to work it with your ignition off. If your H/U is muted you must have a "tel mute" in your H/U. (normally pink) Either cut it off, or check the settings on your H/U. Did you wire any of it to your H/U i.e the red live?

That's a tad frightning. The yellow is the mute wire!!! :eek:

Just to clarify, for Nokia kits only...

Red - Permanant live 12v

Blue - Ignition/Acc live 12v

Black - Earth

Yellow - Mute (Low current negative output).

Green - Mute (low current positive output).

If the green wire isn't used, make sure it's insulated.

Assuming you've connected the yellow mute wire to your stereo, check that this wire isn't grounded some-how. (pinched cable).

er.... right F*ck it then I aint gonna reply to technical tips anymore I always seem to get it wrong.. so what if the yellow one is`nt connected? will it not work properly? I dont use mine as I need the number code as mine is bluetooth and where does it connect to not yellow on the ISO wires then??

Not connecting it won't hurt anything, just means your stereo won't mute when the phones in use.

Definitely don't connect it to the yellow on the ISO or it will smoke. If you have an aftermarket unit, the mute wire, if it has one, should be fairly clear.

Light blue on Sony

Brown on Kenwood

Yello, (sometimes with black hoops) on Pioneer

Pink/black on Alpine