The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Calibra is better than the Supra!

Alex

Shocking I know!

But here is the proof!!!

It's also worse than 99 other cars (at least!) as it doesn't even figure in the top 100...even the Fiat 500 is better! :eek:

Pinch of salt anyone. I don't disagree with No. 1 though ;)

We should be ashamed of ourselves for owning such sh1te cars! ;)

Ah thats rubbish, ive had a Calibra 2.5 V6 and a Calibra 4x4 Turbo (endless probs before it caught fire and blew itself up). Nice looking car, awesome grip with the 4x4, turbos are rapid but to be honest doesnt even compare to a Supra....not even an NA :taped:

Remember the Calibra (escept for the 4x4) is a re-bodied Cavalier. :tongue:

Guest Terry S

Somebody tell Dave Metcalfe ( or his family) how good a Calibra Turbo is/was. As a works Vauxhall Rally driver, you would have thought he could drive a bit.

Oi, I don't want to hear bull about the Calibra turbo, eh? :p

As a practical 4-seater it kicks ass (rust aside). Just because dealers are plonkers and don't know how to service the cars properly, doesn't make it a lemon. Toyota dealers aren't much better either.

In any case, that list is highly subjective and only worth a giggle, no more...

Their abysmally low used prices reflect the number of duds out there.

Also the lack of knowledge in maintaining them properly results in big bills very often, for poorly maintained examples.

Supras may follow the same route, just wait until 'low mileage' jap imports start changing hands at £5K or less. I bet they'll still have the original gear oil in the autoboxes...

Their abysmally low used prices reflect the number of duds out there.

Also the lack of knowledge in maintaining them properly results in big bills very often, for poorly maintained examples.

Supras may follow the same route, just wait until 'low mileage' jap imports start changing hands at £5K or less. I bet they'll still have the original gear oil in the autoboxes...

you mean there is oil in there :eek:

..diffs were a prob as they tore themselves apart if your tyres were different treads, but hey.

The rear diff came out of a RWD V8, so I doubt that you could do much to damage it. Most still have the original oil from the factory.

The tx box has a design fault though, as the thermal protection (at 160C) doesn't work fast enough. By running different threads you live on borrowed time (totally unacceptable for a mass-produced car)

Jeremy Clark LOVED them when they first came out- I remember the Top Gear episode!

It's a known fact that he knows absolutely nothing about engines. He's admitted it himself, too. So his opinion counts accordingly...