The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Please Help

SUPRALOOPY

Hi,

i have a toyota carina 2 2000 16v efi auto,This is my problem, sometimes its fine and sometimes i just turns over and over and then when you come off the key it tries to go but won't,then if you keep turning it over eventually it just goes,but it is as if its over fueling,once you get it going its fine and will start almost every time.The other thing it does is sometimes when you try and pull away it tries to die then splutters to life and revs through it and sometimes just dies and you have to restart it??? I was told this was the ecu and had that overhaulled but it still does it and i lost my trust in that garage.

Some one somewhere must have had this problem? the car has a full service history and is very well looked after but i am getting fed up with spending money and not fixing the problem.i enclose a piccy of engine if anyone can help?????? :thanks:

I had a similar thing with my Hyundai Coupe. I would turn it over and it wouldn't start. Maybee thee odd occasion it would, but a bump start did it. Turned out to be a dodgy Crank Shaft Sensor. But the problem with revs sounds like a fueling problem maybe. Have you let the tank go really low lately?? once the engine is warm does it stop happening?? I could be totally wrong but they could be areas to look into. Good luck.