The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help!!! Water Problem!!!

kosmic

Went to the car this morning to check a little problem that ive noticed occuring when it rains. Under the bonnet behind the headlights and on the flat area of the chassis in front of the strut towers ive noticed pools of water on both sides of the car. When it rains the water seems to run down the gutter on the wing where it meets the bonnet. Whats concerning me the most is that the wiring looms to the front if the car are here and are half in the pool of water....does anyone else have this problem???? there seems to be no rubber sealing strip between the bonnet or the wings? design fault or am i missinng something? i know for sure water n electricity don't mix too well, potentially this is a fire waiting to happen....what do i do??

You only really need to worry if there are connections in that area.

I regularly chuck about a pint of water down there when I try to refill my washer bottle. No fires yet, but I can understand your concern because it crossed my mind too.

You only really need to worry if there are connections in that area.

I regularly chuck about a pint of water down there when I try to refill my washer bottle. No fires yet, but I can understand your concern because it crossed my mind too.

LOL...do you normally get water in those areas too, when it rains etc? I know someone on here had a fire in that area and wondered perhaps water was the cause....

kosmic mate, i have a similar problem with my ab-flug bonnet and the gap left on the drivers wing, water/rain poured in, easy fix (i hope) just get a similar rubber seal used along the the top of the bonnet near the wiper blades from toyota,its a long piece of rubber than goes from the drivers side to passengers side the part number is 53383-14110. should solve the problem,at least thats what im planning on doing.

kosmic mate, ive had a similar problem with my ab-flug bonnet and the gap left on the drivers wing, water/rain poured in, easy fix (i hope) just get a similar rubber seal used along the the top of the bonnet near the wiper blades from toyota,its a long piece of rubber than goes from the drivers side to passengers side the part number is 53383-14110. should solve the problem,at least thats what im planning on doing.

Wow mate...thanks very much...thought there was something missing. Cant understand why it didnt have one. Is it soemthing left out on JDM cars??

Thats what i was thinking but i cant remember what it was like with the stock jap wings and bonnet, but now with the ab-flug bonnet this is a problem as i found out when washing the car, but my problem is only on the drivers side but you can get 2 of these rubber selas and use them on either side.