The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Snobs?

gav

Just done a deal to trade in my Supe for an Impreza STI. Supes are great cars and I've enjoyed every minute of my brief ownership. Just can't get away with having only 2 seats and not enough boot space. I'm getting the Impreza next Thursday, it's got loads of great mods and goes really well, cornering at speed here I come. It's been great conversing with you guys and you seem a great bunch. Goodbye and thanks, I'll always respect the Supra, it's a truly great car with looks and performance . Live long and prosper.

At least I've said goodbye even if none of you are going to reply, do you not speak to Impreza owners. (Am I experiencing possible Supra snobbery already) Goodbye and thanks anyway. :violin: :respekt:

I had an N/A , not a turbo, so I've gained a turbo, not lost one. The car I am getting has had about 6k spent on mods & upgrades and is in mint condition. Needed the extra space & 2 more seats, so a TT Supra was not possible. No need for the snobbery though, both are great cars in their own right and the Imp is excellent at taking the corners , also much quicker with more grip than my N/A Supra.

Thought I could live with the 2 seats, made a mistake. I have 2 teenagers and my wife does not drive, she has nagged me as she does not think the Supe is suitable as an every-day car for us. I still love Supe's though and will probably get a TT when the kids have flown the nest.

make sure you get the oil pump changed as soon as you get the impreza - as they seem to fail on all scoobies and result in dead engines :)

if its an import sti, you're also going to need to have the ecu remapped to run on 98 ron fuel, as they're set up for 100ron and in standard form do not like anything below 100ron

I had an N/A , not a turbo, so I've gained a turbo, not lost one. The car I am getting has had about 6k spent on mods & upgrades and is in mint condition. Needed the extra space & 2 more seats, so a TT Supra was not possible. No need for the snobbery though, both are great cars in their own right and the Imp is excellent at taking the corners , also much quicker with more grip than my N/A Supra.
whats all this snobbery about? you get a car that you want. nobody is a snob.

sounds like you have to convince yourself you made the right move not anyone else. they do look fun cars. one of my cossie nut mates has just bought a scooby sti this week. i bet lots of people would have a scooby as a 2nd car too.

was just asking if you ever been in a tt supra they pretty nippy and can go round conrners sometimes :stickpoke

OK sorry guys . I'll take back the snobbery crack I made. It was just that I had over 50 views of my original "goodbye" thread with no replies. Maybe I do need a cuddle. God am I doing the right thing. Damn wives.

Our 2 boys (both 6'2") have now 'flown' the nest. We have a TT, but it was never our only car (fortunately!) - that would have been a nightmare! Any journey with all 4 of us over 1 hour resulted in the whole family getting out grinning, :woot: but pretty sore & bent over!!!

Good luck with the change Gav & have fun in the scoob!

Here's the cuddle :hug:

Jenny & Christian.

OK sorry guys . I'll take back the snobbery crack I made. It was just that I had over 50 views of my original "goodbye" thread with no replies. Maybe I do need a cuddle. God am I doing the right thing. Damn wives.

Hope you find what you're looking for in the Scoob. Personally I'd have gone for driving lessons and a cheap runabout for the wife :D

Mind you, you were brave buying a Supra as your only car, with 2 teenagers and a wife, in the first place.

Good luck Gav, were not snobs on here, honest, most of us can appreciate any decent car.

As my wife is 45 years old and never driven a car, I think it might take a while for her to pass her test. I'll slum it in the Impreza till then as I can't afford to run two cars just yet. Thanks to all. As Arnie said "I'll be back", but next time in a TT.