The mkiv Supra Owners Club

260Kph (IS300, bone stock)

Guest lexino

Guest lexino

Hello,

I saw someone sharing their tale of top speed recently so I decided to tell you guys about mine. This was last year (I wasn't driving) me and my buddies were coming back from a gambling night at the Niagara Casio and I live in Mississauga and its 4am and I have to drop my buddies back home as well so my brother (driving) starts flooring the car (2002 IS300, bone stock) he accelerated from 140Km/h ----180Km/h still accelerating 210, 220, 240, 255, pedal to the metal 260(WOW, very surreal) on the dot for about 10 to 15 seconds. Now here is the interesting part, there is a dark car behind us that just darted for us as soon as it got on to the highway while we were on around 230Km/h. This is the reason why my brother accelerated to 260km/h in the first place. He was thinking this guy wanted to race him!!!

However we started to slow down because we had gone pretty fast but the dark car behind us (200 meters behind) is still following us. 240, 230, 210, 190 (suddenly we feel very slow at this otherwise outrageous speed decelerating further down to 180, 170. And the vehicle behind us is maintaining its distance from us but still on our ass. I looked at my bro's face and could immediately tell that he was worried as he glared into the rear view mirror and not a millisecond later Christmas lights lit up from the vehicle behind us HOLY SHIT he was following us for a solid 10Km. COPS, NOOO!!!

We pull over and the popo is very angry, he walks to the passenger side of the car and knocks on the window I drop the window “Are you idiots completely out of your minds? Was the first thing he said “Show me the ownership, license, and insurance papers, I will get you off the road for a good time son!!!" he says to my brother. The rest is history. He got $1500 CAD fine reduced from a $5000 and 8 points out of 12 from a possible total license suspension for up to a year.

The moral of the story is that if your luck is as bad as ours then it is wise that you don’t speed. After that ticket we totally lost our sleep and all the fun we had that night was washed off in an instant. I have some other stories about how I got a ticket doing virtually more than double the speed limit in a 60 zone but I will save that for another day.

P.S. coming back to the subject, going at 260Km/h feels like a rush that I cannot put into words. Eventhough I was not driving, the fastest I have done is 220Km/h.

My current cars could be found on this site. The X5, thats my friends car.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/lexino2benzino