The mkiv Supra Owners Club

172mph!

Jake

Just did 172 leptons in the VVTi! I've been out with the guys from work for someone's leaving do in Southampton. The food was crap mexican rubbish but I managed to get five pints of Stella or San Miguel (yuk) down my neck.

The Supe seemed really responsive on the way home, maybe because it's cold out. Flooring the the throttle at 100 made me really get pushed back in the seat. We got to a nice clear bit of the M27 and gave it some gas.... 120 ... 130 ... 140 ... Still charging like a bull ... 150 ... 155 ...160

... 165

172...! bit of a bumpy bend coming up, so eased off the throttle.

130 felt like walking speed now, weird!

Anyway, 172 is a new record for my car. I'm just glad my mate was driving it instead of me - I'd had far too much to drink. :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ey up,

nice one :)

Do any of you guys have problems with the auto box trying to kick down (imports with speed de-limiter). My vvti auto box wont drop into top gear without backing off the throttle, then if you floor it, it kicks down......

Anyone else.......

cheers

mark

Do any of you guys have problems with the auto box trying to kick down (imports with speed de-limiter). My vvti auto box wont drop into top gear without backing off the throttle, then if you floor it, it kicks down......

That's definitely been reported as a problem with some MPH converted Soarers. Only with some converters though, the better ones (or the better fitted ones maybe?) don't do it.

Just did 172 leptons ........

You're a very naughty boy!

I hope you realize that you've committed a crime which is worse than nearly killing someone by stabbing him 5 times?

http://www.millennium-debate.org/tel9mar024.htm

Daily Telegraph 9 March 2002

Biker who filmed himself at 165mph sent to prison for 12 months

http://www.highbeam.com/library/doc0.asp?docid=1G1:105471852&refid=ink_tptd_np&skeyword=&teaser

16 July 2003

A MOTORCYCLIST caught riding at 157mph, the highest speed recorded by police on a British road, was jailed for 28 days yesterday.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/voiceofthemirror/tm_objectid=15417581%26method=full%26siteid=94762-name_page.html

19 April 2005

WHEN Mark Hobson brutally slaughtered four people, it was not the first time he had gone berserk.

Only three years earlier he stabbed a love rival five times in cold blood. He attacked William Brace after the girl they had both been involved with dumped him.

Mr Brace almost died. Yet Hobson received only 100 hours' community service for his brutal crime

Oh no it's a big problem with the VVTi's ...... an even bigger problem when there is a motorbike in the rear view mirror (like yesterday) :)

Has anyone got round this problem??? I think I'll start trying to find a tuner who can modify the ECU if that's possible.

cheers

mark

how did you measure the 172mph.....if it was done on a GPS device, then what was the speedo reading

I've noticed that mine is 10-15% inaccurate 70mph +

Imi, it was 172 Leptons....we would never even think of driving in excess of 172mph would we now boys n girls ;)

how did you measure the 172mph.....if it was done on a GPS device, then what was the speedo reading

I've noticed that mine is 10-15% inaccurate 70mph +

If you've got a Thor Racing speedo converter you can adjust it so that the speedo reads spot-on. Of course you need a GPS to calibrate it against but that only needs doing once.

First of all :respekt:

However, I don't mean to piss on your achivement but you do realise that you were probably doing nowhere near that speed. :cry:

I've managed an idicated 174 on about 5 occaisions after which it hits the speed limiter which is set to 155 on UK cars as I'm sure you know. The speedo is known to over read quite significantly at such speeds which has been confirmed by numerous people who have sat nav. :(

Although I haven't tried it yet, removing the trac fuse ( or is it the trac relay) will completely de-restrict the car and now that I have rltc fitted I may give it a go. ;)

But you definitely know your car is running very healthy. :p

First of all :respekt:

However, I don't mean to piss on your achivement but you do realise that you were probably doing nowhere near that speed. :cry:

I've managed an idicated 174 on about 5 occaisions after which it hits the speed limiter which is set to 155 on UK cars as I'm sure you know. The speedo is known to over read quite significantly at such speeds which has been confirmed by numerous people who have sat nav. :(

Although I haven't tried it yet, removing the trac fuse ( or is it the trac relay) will completely de-restrict the car and now that I have rltc fitted I may give it a go. ;)

But you definitely know your car is running very healthy. :p

Read Jake's last post again ;)

You're a very naughty boy!

I hope you realize that you've committed a crime which is worse than nearly killing someone by stabbing him 5 times?

http://www.millennium-debate.org/tel9mar024.htm

Daily Telegraph 9 March 2002

Biker who filmed himself at 165mph sent to prison for 12 months

http://www.highbeam.com/library/doc0.asp?docid=1G1:105471852&refid=ink_tptd_np&skeyword=&teaser

16 July 2003

A MOTORCYCLIST caught riding at 157mph, the highest speed recorded by police on a British road, was jailed for 28 days yesterday.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/voiceofthemirror/tm_objectid=15417581%26method=full%26siteid=94762-name_page.html

19 April 2005

WHEN Mark Hobson brutally slaughtered four people, it was not the first time he had gone berserk.

Only three years earlier he stabbed a love rival five times in cold blood. He attacked William Brace after the girl they had both been involved with dumped him.

Mr Brace almost died. Yet Hobson received only 100 hours' community service for his brutal crime

I wont mention what ive done then hehe!!