The mkiv Supra Owners Club

front indicators

mark.supra

yup,

I believe envy have the revised loom/bulb holders.

What I did with my new style clear indicators, is cut off the bulb holder recess from the original indicator and glue it on to the new one - just need to widen the bulb holder hole on the new one. It means I can use the original bulb holder which screws in and out as before. Just need to get orange bulb (£1)

You should have put your names down for the group buy for genuine Toyota indicators, instead of buying supposedly 'cheap' copies off Ebay :D

If you do the maths it actually works out more expensive buying off ebay

Lights = £32.99

Postage = £8.00

Wiring Loom = £32.81

Total = £73.80

Compared to genuine Toyota ones on the group buy which include 2 x wring looms and all bulbs for £65/69 delivered to your door.

There is still time to get your name down on the group buy if you send order form/money today. If you miss the group buy and want some in the future give me a shout as I should still be able to get them at a very good price.

yup,

I believe envy have the revised loom/bulb holders.

What I did with my new style clear indicators, is cut off the bulb holder recess from the original indicator and glue it on to the new one - just need to widen the bulb holder hole on the new one. It means I can use the original bulb holder which screws in and out as before. Just need to get orange bulb (£1)

Thanks very much that sounds the cheapest option,CHEERS

Nic

I thought the toyota indicators had the orange bit in them?

Loom part no. P Y81515-14390

£11.97 each

2 looms inc vat = £28.13

subtract my usual 10% discount=£25.31

you guys really do go to the wrong toyota garages :D

Orange bit? They have clear lenses, with chrome reflector and orange bulb inside. the ornage bulb reflection on the chrome reflector makes it look orange but the lens is definitely clear. Just the same as the ones on ebay.

The indicators on ebay are not genuine Toyota ones and if you compare them are not as good quality.

You should have put your names down for the group buy for genuine Toyota indicators, instead of buying supposedly 'cheap' copies off Ebay :D

Lights = £32.99

Postage = £8.00

Wiring Loom = £32.81

Total = £73.80

Compared to genuine Toyota ones on the group buy which include 2 x wring looms and all bulbs for £65/69 delivered to your door.

There is still time to get your name down on the group buy if you send order form/money today. If you miss the group buy and want some in the future give me a shout as I should still be able to get them at a very good price.

You only learn by your mistakes, wish i had joined the club 2 weeks ago and saved myself all this trouble, thanks anyway

Thanks very much that sounds the cheapest option,CHEERS

yup, I've been heckled before - people thinking that i glued the old bulb holder itself on the new one and laughing that I won't be able to replace the bulb without un-glueing!!! It's just the bulb holder recess from the old indicator unit that I cut off - it sticks out a bit. I then made the main bulb holder hole (there are two on the new one) slightly wider. I then simply glued the old bulb holder recess onto the new one - So the old bulb holder screws in and out as before.

Time to cut the bits - 5 mins. Glueing - 1 min

Had to get the standard bulb replaced with an orange (£1 each) as the bulbs that you get with the new indicator are different.

Works a treat. Although only using 1 bulb on the new one - it flashes more than adequately. Gimme a shout if you need more info.

Cheers,

Ro

Lights = £32.99

Postage = £8.00

Wiring Loom = £32.81

Total = £73.80

Dude you really REALLY have something against those lights on ebay dont u ! :looney:

Mark do a search on the forum, i did a full to detail "how to" guide on fitting the indicators, what looms u need, part numbers, and bulb holders etc. Its a piece of cake........

Dude you really REALLY have something against those lights on ebay dont u ! :looney:

Mark do a search on the forum, i did a full to detail "how to" guide on fitting the indicators, what looms u need, part numbers, and bulb holders etc. Its a piece of cake........

Just looking out for fellow members with advice ;)

Nothing against them, just pointing out the facts. I must have read 5 or 6 posts in the last couple of months from people who have bought them asking the same question, "how do I make them fit?"

Just think it is false economy, as you have to mess around going to Toyota to get the wiring looms and if you add it all up there is little or no saving to be had and it's not even a genuine Toyota part!

I'm sure if I'd bought the lights thinking I'd got a good deal and then found out that I need to mess around asking questions how they fit and then get told I have to go to Toyota and spend a further £33 on wiring loom I would be pretty pissed off. Have a look at the advert on ebay is there any mention that you need to purchase wiring looms from Toyota to make them fit?

I think it is valuable information for any other members considering buying the lights.

Just looking out for fellow members with advice ;)

Nothing against them, just pointing out the facts. I must have read 5 or 6 posts in the last couple of months from people who have bought them asking the same question, "how do I make them fit?"

Just think it is false economy, as you have to mess around going to Toyota to get the wiring looms and if you add it all up there is little or no saving to be had and it's not even a genuine Toyota part!

I'm sure if I'd bought the lights thinking I'd got a good deal and then found out that I need to mess around asking questions how they fit and then get told I have to go to Toyota and spend a further £33 on wiring loom I would be pretty pissed off. Have a look at the advert on ebay is there any mention that you need to purchase wiring looms from Toyota to make them fit?

I think it is valuable information for any other members considering buying the lights.

Yeah but anyone with a bit of common sense is going to notice that theres no looms in the item listing mate. ;)

I actually preferred doing it the way most have, as you get more pleasure out of achieving something like buying and making them fit yourself other than just plonking them on and handing Mr.T the readies :D

Nic

I know you are giveing advice from your point of view

I,m putting the point forward that the wireing looms are not £33 from my local toyota garage they were £25

If I was now in the market for the indicators I would have probably gone for this group buy but when I was looking it was over £75 to get genuine toyota indicators

so I saved myself a tenner and after putting these on I am pleased with the result

Yeah but anyone with a bit of common sense is going to notice that theres no looms in the item listing mate. ;)

I actually preferred doing it the way most have, as you get more pleasure out of achieving something like buying and making them fit yourself other than just plonking them on and handing Mr.T the readies :D

So why are so many members asking how to fit them??

Okay mate what ever turns you on ;)

Nic

I know you are giveing advice from your point of view

I,m putting the point forward that the wireing looms are not £33 from my local toyota garage they were £25

If I was now in the market for the indicators I would have probably gone for this group buy but when I was looking it was over £75 to get genuine toyota indicators

so I saved myself a tenner and after putting these on I am pleased with the result

Okay if you're happy with them that's great, personally though I would rather pay the extra £10 and get genuine Toyota indicators, each to there own.

Okay if you're happy with them that's great, personally though I would rather pay the extra £10 and get genuine Toyota indicators, each to there own.

Dude......wanna chill out a bit ?

Why u got such a hardon about it anyways ?? :rolleyes:

For the record my looms were £23 from toyota. Lights £33 thats £56. Not bad eh.

:eyebrows: