The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Continental tyres - any good?

Holly

I've got them at the front of a NA they replaced Avon ZZ3's and felt much better but its a bit of an unfair test going from used to new.

Overall I would say they are good but I would need some on the rears to give a full review. Search google thats what I did and there are several reviews.

I've got them at the front of a NA they replaced Avon ZZ3's and felt much better but its a bit of an unfair test going from used to new.

Overall I would say they are good but I would need some on the rears to give a full review. Search google thats what I did and there are several reviews.

Thanks for the speedy reply, will do just that.

I dunno, but Continentals have always been near budget tyre compared to the usual brands recommended on this board. I think they are harder compound rather than a sporty tyre.

How do they compare to the Eagle F1's GSD3's for example, with regards to price?

I swear by Continentals..I have had them for the last 4 or so years...One of the things I noticed was there was no tramlining, and they lasted longer than Michelin Pilots.

TBH They are a good brand...and I find them better than Pilots..its like Nike trainers...they are most expensive but they fall apart in 2 months...where as Hi-Tec last longer and are a Fraction of the price....(but dont buy Hi-Tec coz you will get the piss taken out of you lol)..buy Acupuncture...no-one has a catagory fot those and they are miles better lol.

so here we go...

Michelen = Nike Too Expensive and crap anyhow)

Avon = Hi-Tec (Too cheap..people will think you Sign On)

Continentals = Acupuncture...(The Clever Persons Choice)

I had conti sports fitted to a Porsche 968CS track car and I found them very predictable once warmed up, fitted them to the Supe and find them to be very confidence inspiring, as on the Porker. I tried Goodyear F1 which took a while to get used to as they had a more rounded edge to the profile that gave the feeling of letting go and catching, where the conti's stick then let go, but with more predicability. As the conti are a flatter profile, you do get some increased aqua planeing, but driving hard in the rain - I try to avoid that !

I will now always stick to conti sports (original or contact 2) , I guess you get used to the feel of a certain tyre and stick to it. I rate them.

Michelen = Nike Too Expensive and crap anyhow)

Avon = Hi-Tec (Too cheap..people will think you Sign On)

Continentals = Acupuncture...(The Clever Persons Choice)

So I suppose the black Plimsoles you use to have to wear for PE as a kid are no good then either? :looney:

Thanks for the info - Kwik-Fit are doing 25% off a set of 4 (or 15% off 2) and as we need 4, it brings them down to the same as I can get Eagle F1s for from Elite.

The bonus with Kwik-Fit is that they will do mobile fitting for an extra £20 and I'm so short of time at the moment that I'll probably go fo it.

wheres the deal to holly

Thanks for the info - Kwik-Fit are doing 25% off a set of 4 (or 15% off 2) and as we need 4, it brings them down to the same as I can get Eagle F1s for from Elite.

What he said Peter!

Thanks guys and gals, looks like we're going for them!