The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PDA / Mobile - Vent mount cradles - OK in Supra?

michael

With us having the fancy round vents can anyone tell me if the universal PDA / Mobile phone cradles that attach to normal vents work on the Supra?

Has anyone found a kit that works well using this fixing method or have you gone for the suction cup type or permanent bracket ones?

Glenn - does the sucker jobby hold OK? A few ads for other variants seem to suggest they have a habit of falling off but I guess that's their way of selling the others :)

Todd - Shame about that but you've saved me buying one and failing!

J4CK50N - I'd be worried about the tape pulling off that crappy plastic rubber coating crap, I might try and source a spare panel before I try that one :)

Glenn - does the sucker jobby hold OK? A few ads for other variants seem to suggest they have a habit of falling off but I guess that's their way of selling the others :)

it only come off once but that was because i put that interior trim spray on the dash but after i cleaned that sh*t off its sucked on there very good.lol

What pda/ phone have you got? you'll prob find you can buy a cradle that plugs into the cig lighter and charges it at the same time.

I haven't got it yet but an O2 XDA II should be on it's way to me, ideally I'm looking for something I can have over to the RH side of the dash but I hate wires so I'll have to hide as much as I can behind the panels - it already stresses me out having the Origin b2 in there :)

Ideally I'm looking for hands free with GPS input and as few wires as possible that looks like it's meant for the phone... so far I haven't found anything but the search goes on....