The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nearly Supra Less !!

MichaelG

Lying in bed last night, just getting off to sleep.........and the fecking phone rings at 12:43am......

I jump up, but hear my old man answering it, two mins later i hear him fumbling around in his bathroom, getting changed.......pop my head through hall and ask whats going on and he says

"That was the Police on the phone..........someone has broken into the work........theres a door unsecured"

Now as some of you will know, my dad and i run a valeting company, and have lots of cars in there at night sometimes, but more importantly MY SUPRA IS IN THERE every night just now. :eek:

There was nothing in here last night apart from the offices, supplies, and my car.........first thing that crossed my mind was "Supra is either stolen or smashed to bits." Personally i would rather it was the first of the two as i couldnt bear to see it smashed up.

So we both rush out, chucked the dog (dobermann) in the back :tongue: and headed into work.........on the way thinking "how the hell did they get in" ?

As the new premises are like fort knox ! Theres a huge Iron double gate at the car park, barbed wire etc, huge locks, and the main door is bolted, the rear door is also gate protected, premises fully alarmed to police,and they would need to ram raid to get in, lol. So we were both puzzled.

Get there, and no sign of police..........nothing........doors are in tact.......bolted, gates shut..........go in and everything is fine.........well you can imagine my relief at seeing my baby still sitting there sound asleep and NOT smashed up or stolen lol ! :thumbs:

Then we click........"the old premises" make our way to the old premises in a bit of a "dodgy area" that we were glad to get away from, and heres old plod sitting waiting........someone had bust the door frame and went in......most likely kids.........

But we were still down as the owners. very strange, but found out that the alarm company hadnt notified the police. :banghead: :complain: So we give them the story and breath a sigh of relief !

Kids had turned on all the fire hoses and hydrants. place was soaked.......not our problem now though!

The police dude walked towards the van, while speaking to me, and did the dog not go hell for leather barking and growling lol, the guy nearly jumped ten feet ! Then he says "What a beautiful dog, i used to breed dobermans"

Asks to see him and pets him for ages, and just says "ah well never mind the premises if its not yours now, am more interested in seeing this pup!" ha ha ha :respekt:

The dogs out the van and giving it the old "puffed chest, i am a toughy" kind of strut giving the odd Gruff and Woof lol. (only 6 months old)

So 5 mins later we did a shoot, and i breathed another huge sigh of relief that my Soop, and the premises were still in one piece ! Back home and :zzz:

How glad am i !!!! :thumbs:

PS......Feckin alarm companies !!!!! :complain:

Glad to hear all was ok...yay I love Dobermans, its funny how they take a certain dislike to certain people...

The Landlady of my favourite pub in Bushey 'The Case Is Altered' has one and i go there often with a few friends but i have a mate who is scared of dogs and when he comes in the pub the dog just goes mad at him its well funny.

It senses that he dosn't like him I spose...I'd love to Have a Doberman..or a Border Collie..maybe when I move bit further into the sticks!

Great story ...I like happy endings.

Si

:rolleyes: