The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Canward Racing Technologies - Beware!!

CJ

I have recently had the misfortune to deal with the above shower and am posting this to warn other members to shy away from them.

On the 22nd of March, I purchased an FMIC water cooling kit and a WI kit from Canward Racing. That day they emailed me to say that the kit would be mailed to me on the 30th. Hindsight says that I should have then queried why it would take 8 days to get a kit out (I had paid by CC so no waiting for cheque clearance) but I accepted it.

On the 29th March I received a package that contained the FMIC kit but no WI kit. Upon checking the FMIC kit I noticed that there was only one nozzle bar sent instead of 2. I immediately contacted Andy at Canward and told him about this and he replied that they would send the missing nozzle the next day after the had finished building the WI kit. Unusually for me, I accepted this and waited for the new bits to arrive.

On the 5th of April I contacted Andy again to tell them the kit had not arrived. He emailed me back to say they had been sent out and that he would check with the PO. On Friday the 8th, I emailed him again as I had not heard from him. He once again emailed back to say that the original kit must be lost and that they would send another.

Despite several more emails and telephone calls, thats the last I have heard from the shower of shit! I have now had to go through Paypal (fecking great help they are - NOT!) and will tomorrow inform my CC company.

So folks, if you are thinking of doing business with this company - dont!

Hopefully this is an issolated matter. Anyone else have any compliants? If so I'll remove them from the affiliates list. CJ, did you have any problems getting your 10% discount?

Affiliates list? Whats that then? :conf:

I just did a search and found it - TBH, I didnt know that existed :(
Well say that for your troubles you'd like a 10% refund, which as a club members you could have had off the original price anyway.

Keep me updated on whats happens.

Hopefully this is an issolated matter. Anyone else have any compliants? If so I'll remove them from the affiliates list. CJ, did you have any problems getting your 10% discount?

That poses a new question:

Does anyone vet the companies before they become affiliates? If so, who looked into these? I cannot believe that my incident was an isolated one as how anyone can can show such an abject lack of customer care on an isolated basis is beyond me.

Well say that for your troubles you'd like a 10% refund, which as a club members you could have had off the original price anyway.

Keep me updated on whats happens.

10% refund? Erm, I think you should go back and read the first post again. I have paid in full and have not received the goods. I want a 100% refund! :mad:

Does anyone vet the companies before they become affiliates? If so, who looked into these? I cannot believe that my incident was an isolated one as how anyone can can show such an abject lack of customer care on an isolated basis is beyond me.
Before adding affiliates we do a simple search round on a few forums to see what we can find, but nothing detailed.

10% refund? Erm, I think you should go back and read the first post again. I have paid in full and not received the goods. I want a 100% refund! :mad:
I meant if the goods actually arrive.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Well, still no answer to my emails or phone calls. Paypal have come back and said that they cannot refund me, as "There isn't any funds in the Canward account". I have now filed a complaint with the CC company to recover the funds from Paypal.

So, the lesson learnt here is that Canward are a bunch of scamming bastards and the Paypal protection scheme is next to useless. Twats! :banghead:

UPDATE

Paypal protection scheme is next to useless. Twats! :banghead:

Second that, I won a "new" powercap, got it delivered after 2 weeks and it is blatently used and missing parts. Paypal agreed that I would get a refund if I sent the item back recorded mail. Sent item back, now Paypal are saying that they cannot get any money from the other persons account, now I'm out £50 and a powercap! :complain: :complain:

• 4 weeks later...

Go to your credit card people and register a card violation. :thumbdown

I tried the paypal route and they told me the same type opf thing - "there is no money to recover from the suppliers account". I then contacted my CC company and they have refunded me fully. :)