The mkiv Supra Owners Club

God Dam It!!!!

Fox

ARAGHHHHHHhhhhh.

Had my first encounter with the local police.. and the results

POLICE £30.00 . Fox -£30.00 :complain:

Driving home tonight with "the wife to be", we noticed a car starting to tail us. In Fact! the car behind was so close, that if we breaked hard! or worst, even breaked at all, there would of been an accident.

Anyways, on the only stright section of the road the car behind started "yo yoing" (they would speed up to all most hit the back bumper and then back of to about 1 car length and then speed up.) They did this about 4 - 5 times.

At this stage i got so fooking cross 1,beacuse they had full beams on and 2, cause they where just being arsehole's and could have overtaken at any time. All i wanted to do was drop the hammer and leave them sitting with the big hi five out window. But as my luck would have it i kept cruising at 55mph and just moved all the fooking mirrors to stop the light from hitting my eyes.

The car followed me into the town and across the main street and next thing blue lights and loud noise, the car raced in front with some twat hanging out the window demanding me to pull over.

After pulling the car over 2 police men walked over to the car and asked me to get out and turn the car off. I asked was there a problem and they replyed " we don't know yet!!"

they checked the car tyres and asked all sorts for stuiped questions and did everything they could think off. In the end they came up with the most fooked up way to issue a ticket, One of the head lights are slightly dull due to the seals being cracked and is a little green in colour ( well may be alot )

anyways, £30. fixed notice for a defective head light...... What a load of crap.... :complain: :complain: :complain:

sorry for the rant but tyhis has pissed me off, even the fact that they tryed to bait me to race....... :complain: what a bunch of T-W-A-T-S :complain:

Despicable mate, absolutely no excuse for so called public servants to behave like that. :swear: T**sers like that give all police a bad name. Unfortunately the complaints procedure must have to put up with so many bulls**t claims each and every day that the genuine ones get ignored.

It's times like this when I feel like setting up digi cams in the back of my car to record what's going on behind me.... £90 plus about £50 for a memory card will buy you about 3.5 - 4 hours recording time. Would be invaluable in driving ego-tripping bullying w**kers like this off the road.

I would write a letter to the chief constable reporting what happened, their badge number/name should be on the fixed penalty notice.

May not make a difference but if everyone they did this to wrote in to complain, then I'm sure someone would have to take notice.

I would write a letter to the chief constable reporting what happened, their badge number/name should be on the fixed penalty notice.

May not make a difference but if everyone they did this to wrote in to complain, then I'm sure someone would have to take notice.

I don't think it will help.....

Tomorrow I’ll be making the familiar trip to the station to show my driving licenses and insurance, another nice prize they handed out…

but when i'm there i will be asking to speek to the sarg. and see what he has to say..

Sorry for the double post but this realy has pissed me off..... :complain:

I don't keer about the £30. fine or the trip to the cop shop... are the fooking pig hanging out the fooking window cutting me off with the duke's of hazard style driving. :complain:

I worked hard to get my Supra and i'll enjoy it every chance i'll get. Me and "the wife to be" went for a trip around the coast and we both realy enjoyed it. Even when i stoped at the petrol station we had people who i have never seen before in my life, come up and asked us if it was realy a supra!! even more to there surprise when they discovered it was a manual and a twin turbo.....

LOL....... sorry for the rant but this is starting to sound like a film i watched.... :sly:

I would definitely complain and stand up for yourself.

I got issued 3 fixed penalty points for going through a red light (which for once I didnt! The pig mobile was at least 70 yards behind me, God knows how he would have known what side of a light I was on), went to court and was proved innocent, much to the little piggy's dismay.

Not quite the same story, but goes to show there is a bit of hope, fella.

Andy

I would complain too mate, all they can do is send you on your way.

But baiting you is exactly what they were doing, and sadly they get away with it because of the uniform. Sad state of affairs. Some of the police up here are like that, but the majority are ok thank fook. :innocent:

Bad example of traffic cops, definately!

However, by the way you describe the encounter, I guess you could have picked up early on that something's not right with that car, and pulled left to let the tossers pass.

Smart people try to keep out of trouble, you are not weak or a loser if you let 'lesser' cars overtake you. There are uninsured cretins driving around, stolen cars, psychos, whatever. If you feel uncomfortable with the way someone close to you is behaving, just keep your distance and let them harass someone else.

Driving a supra you have a lot more to lose than most other motorists, so why take chances in a 'lose-lose' game?

You say the fixed penalty was because your headlight was cloudy, but your bulb was working right? What was the fixed penalty for exactly, what was the offence? Surely they should have given you a warning first to get it fixed and a producer to show your docs.

I would also challenge the fixed penalty when you write to them and ask for an explanation of the offence.

This sounds like a complete joke.

Apart from the obviously dangerous driving they were doing, trying to goad you to go faster, and distracting you with the lights.

I'm sure they need a valid reason to pull you over, the "we don't know yet" surely can't be enough.

As for hanging out of the window - is this Police procedure? I doubt it.

Please make a complaint about this. They shouldn't get away with doing this.

When I've had Police (& other cars) right behind, I do what the highway code says & take my foot off the accelerator (not brake) they soon realise when you're dropping down from 30/40 to 15mph totally legally.

They effectively do not need a reason to stop you.

There was a large discussion over on http://www.Pepipoo.com/NewForums2/index.php about this with several coppers & lawyers on there aguing over points of law, but the upshot is, the plod have so many powers/laws available to them that anything that they find once you have been stopped, in effect justifies the need to pull you over.

F***ing anoying but sadly that's real life nowadays.:(

I had a pull last month & the idiot was checking the rear windscreen wiper to find something.

This is disgusting! Its obvious they were trying to get you to floor it (which its so tempting to do) and then they would get you for speeding and dangerous driving.

Its lucky you didn't speed off or it could have been much worse.

Yea, i had a speed restrictor, the wife to be........ :rolleyes:

did they not have their blue lights flashing when they pulled you over?

And to pull you over they need a reason for doing it.... how could they see your headlights if they were following you?

Probably this bit explains that chap.

After pulling the car over 2 police men walked over to the car and asked me to get out and turn the car off. I asked was there a problem and they replyed " we don't know yet!!"

They can and by the looks of needed to find something wrong in order to justify stopping you. Was it a traffic motor or just a local machine on the beat? I can't see the guys on traffic being that lame they've got more to be doing with their time than baiting people on their daily drive home.