The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tyre prices

peter richards

I always use these guys, good price, service.

Summer tyres EAGLE F1 GS-D3

245/40 R18 93Y BSW With mytyres.co.uk only £ 119.50

The proposed tyres could achieve higher speeds than those you are searching for. You can use these tyres without any hesitation

Dunlop

Summer tyres SP SPORT 01

245/40 R18 93Y mit Felgenschutz, M0 With mytyres.co.uk only £ 124.30

The proposed tyres could achieve higher speeds than those you are searching for. You can use these tyres without any hesitation

Pirelli

Summer tyres P ZERO ROSSO Asimmetrico

245/40 ZR18 97Y XL ohne P ZERO Label With mytyres.co.uk only £ 134.70

Bridgestone

Summer tyres Potenza RE 040

245/40 R18 93W With mytyres.co.uk only £ 139.80

Continental

Summer tyres SportContact 2

245/40 R18 93Y mit Felgenrippe, M0 With mytyres.co.uk only £ 143.40

Michelin

Summer tyres Pilot SPORT PS2

245/40 ZR18 93Y Rim-protection With mytyres.co.uk only £ 170.30

Nankang

Summer tyres NS-2

245/40 R18 97W RF With mytyres.co.uk only £ 76.10

Kumho

Summer tyres KU31

245/40 R18 97Y XL NEU, With mytyres.co.uk only £ 99.40

Hankook

Summer tyres VENTUS K102

245/40 ZR18 97W XL mit Felgenschutz With mytyres.co.uk only £ 101.90

Fulda

Summer tyres Carat Extremo

245/40 ZR18 93Y With mytyres.co.uk only £ 102.50

The proposed tyres could achieve higher speeds

For a few quid more you could get some Eagle F1s, why skimp on something so important?

You may be caught in dodgy traction conditions, who knows, why risk losing control --- personally I'd never take such risks to save 10-20 quid, it just ain't worth it

yes that price is for two, are the kumho that bad its got the correct speed rating, so they must have a bs standard .

i do about 3k a year and that just piddling around town.

just thaught id seek some opinions.

thanks peter

HI I ALLWAYS USE MY TYRES.CO.UK CAN RECOMMEND THEM THERE A VERY GOOD COMPANY WITH FAST DELIVERY JUST ORDERED TOYO PROXES FOR MY SUPE AT THE FRONT 245/40/ZR 18 TOOK 3 DAYS FOR DELIVERY THE PRICE £107 EACH WELL WORTH A LOOK. :thumbs:

When I can have Pilot Sports fitted for £118, I see no point for Toyos, Kumhos or other 'budget' variants.

I can't afford cheap tyres anyway, push this car with wrong tyres/pressures/suspension and you end up in a ditch before you know what hit you.

But hey...

Just ordered some Hankook Ventus K104 tires for my new 18". Had them on my MR2 and was well pleased. Spoke to other persons that run these on cars like SL55 AMG and Porsche and everything and they all like it.

Why pay more if you can get good tires for less?

When I can have Pilot Sports fitted for £118, I see no point for Toyos, Kumhos or other 'budget' variants.

I can't afford cheap tyres anyway, push this car with wrong tyres/pressures/suspension and you end up in a ditch before you know what hit you.

But hey...

I DO BETWEEN 20 AND 25 THOUSAND MILES A YEAR IN MY SUPE NEVER HAD ANY SNAGS WITH TOYOS IN THE RAIN SUN AND EVEN SNOW THIS YEAR SO THEY CANT BE THAT BAD AND YES I HAVE GOT A HEAVY RIGHT NOT IN SNOW THOUGH LOL PLUS THEY SEEM TO BE QUIETER THAN OTHERS IVE USED.

does anyone on here actually have any first hand experience of kumho tyres on their supra?
Yeah me. The 'Kuhmo Ecsta Supra' tyres were a common choice by the guys on here at one time.

They're fine. Perhaps they don't last as long as some of the premium brands but the grip is pretty good and they aren't too noisy. I reckon they're better than P-Zeros is the roadnoise stakes.

• 1 year later...
Guest bazza

ive just paid £170 for a pair or eagle f1's for the front end 235/45/17,purks of working for a transport ferm;) ;) ;)