The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TF&TF

Digsy

Watched The Fast and The Furious again at the weekend (just for something to do after a day of decorating), and something struck me:

The "mad professsor" kid with ADD (Jessie?) seems really surprised when he first opens the hood of the Supra and finds a 2JZ engine in there. Why? What was he expecting?

:looney:

Who needs to line the head and ports up right, that is what a dremel and tig welder are for *grin*

Well if you want to go that far bottom end castings are the same bar a couple of things ( ie the TT head will go )....... but ill go your dremel way it sounds much better...personaly i would have cut the dizzy of with my gas gas and be done with it and welded everything up. :p ;)

welded everything up

Who needs to worry about blown head gaskets and bolts...

Any good welder should be able to weld the head to the block and the manifolds to the head...

No stripped studs to worry about, and if you are really careful, you can actually get the weld looking rather neat.....

While we are at it, lets weld the single the manifold..make sure it is air tight...

*grin*

All joking aside, a friend of mine did this one day during his mini-racing days... he had a 30 minute break before the next race, so he welded the head to the block just to be sure...

Mind you this is the same guy, who made a 90mph gokart on a metro frame with a sofa.. while building the petrol tank (a tube of metal with two plates on either end), he discovered a leak...washed out the tank with water, and then proceeded to weld up again, with the obvious results....

It blew his welders mask off, and the sonic shock wave blew the garage door off it's hinges which then hit him on the head... thankfully he wasn't hurt, and the go-kart proceeded to hit the road till he rolled it..

Gav

Hmmm... the possibilities are endless of things to do with my spare NA engine now...

Migster... you bring the mixer... I'll bring the welder, we can have a weekend of fun *grin*

Plan im up for it LOL ...now should I bring the sharp or ballast hmmmm? and shrink wrap, toilet rolls and washing up bottle... we could make a Tracy Island in the top of it for a bit of bling and we might get a Blue Beter badge :D And i could overnight all the cable ties and pipe cleaners and crepe paper form japan.