The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Traders here to help or hinder??????????

Guest the cod father

Guest the cod father

Hi all

As you will probably spot I have only signed up tonight had no intention of joining but am a regular visitor to the site and have been for over a year now.

The only reason I have sgned up tonight is that something has pi**ed me off.

I am a member of another owners club and similar things were happening on there as is on here i.e. Traders not here to help but to hinder!

I spotted the thread for the Chris Wilson Decat pipes which were going for a good price but instead of one of the members getting a chance to buy a bargain Miami GT pops up and grabs them (don't blame the seller for selling to him first come first served when you are selling)

Now I am of the opinion that places such as this are for people who have an intrest in their cars and like a laugh and the occasional meet. I also believe that people should be here to help each other out where ever possible thus being the reason that the pipes were sold for £100 even though pretty much everybody would agree that he could have got more. Good on him I say pass on a bargain to a fellow member.

What upsets me is the fact that traders are willing to jump in at the first chance to grab things like this and I am sure you are all aware this is not the first time it has happened and is a regular occurence.

Why can't the likes of Miami GT let other guys get a chance at these parts. Can he honestly say he has never bought parts from here to make profit on and no other reason? I doubt it very much if he can.

I personally think that the traders on this and any other forum should not be allowed to buy parts from private sales after all who on here can get the cheapest parts new The Traders can.

Just my 2p worth but do everyone a favour Miami GT and let someone else pick up the odd bargain.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i can see your point but then somethings may never sell.

A bigger problem is the word OFFERS,if you are going to sell something put a price down, instead you have a thread that goes on longer then it needs to.if people start putting a price down we can all have an idea of the current value of parts.

It's a good point, not that I've ever been gazumped or anything, but I'm sure other people have!

I think it's normally a case of whoever gets there first though, or, whoever makes the highest offer, which can normally only be good for the person it matters to most - the seller!

I'd be disappointed if traders were stockpiling bits intentionally & it's forcing private buyers to pay more, but like I said..."first come , first served"

One point you are missing my freind is that "us traders" also run cars and is the main reason we became traders,and i know for a fact that every trader on here at some point has offered people in the form of group buys etc some fantastic deals so why should a trader not also get a good deal if the item is for hes own personal use.

Know if he was to turn round and sell that same item for a profit then maybe you would have a point but to jump in and accuse is a bit harsh

Anyway welcome to the board mate,try and make your next post a happy one we really are here to help :thumbs:

Sorry to have 'jumped in' mate and bought something fairly off another member - BTW thank you for all your contributions to this bbs over the past year of visiting :) please do stay and contribute further!

I have actually bought that for a car I own...and as far as I am aware as a member of this club am allowed to do that...?

I'm a bit lost with this thread surely its a first come first served basis a bargain is a bargain and fair play to the fastest finger first (in a chris tarrent voice). If bears no relivance if they are a trader or not. As Supradibbs said most traders own cars and in answer to your question traders here to help or hinder ? Well most certainly in my case they have been more than helpfull to me and have answered questions members have asked in the past and i'm sure in the future this not being a case for profit just purely help and a sharing of experience.

Perhaps if you have an issue with bargains being snapped up so quickly you may want to find an alternative Supra forum which doesn't prove as popular as this one.

If not try ebay :rolleyes:

I have actually bought that for a car I own...and as far as I am aware as a member of this club am allowed to do that...?
Your traders fee includes club membership, so yes you are allowed to do it.

I'd much rather see the 'secret' traders stopped. Those who sign up, never post anything but contact people via PM when they want to buy, and more annoyingly, sell something to members. But, the only way we can stop that is for the members to refuse to deal with them, or at least request they make offers etc in the public thread so everyone can see it.

Guest Terry S
Sorry to have 'jumped in' mate and bought something fairly off another member - BTW thank you for all your contributions to this bbs over the past year of visiting :) please do stay and contribute further!

Paul you are 100% right, but there is no need for the dig at him :eek:

I'd much rather see the 'secret' traders stopped. Those who sign up, never post anything but contact people via PM when they want to buy, and more annoyingly, sell something to members. But, the only way we can stop that is for the members to refuse to deal with them, or at least request they make offers etc in the public thread so everyone can see it.

I was after those de-cat pipes as well. Fair play to Paul for jumping in on a bargain for his OWN car. I would be dissappointed if he sold them on for a profit to a customer.

However, at the end of the day, it is upto the seller to decide how much to charge and who to sell to - dont shoot the buyer in this case a trader.

I can see why you are upset, you missed out on a bargain....however I dont see anything malicious here.

:love:

...The only reason I have sgned up tonight is that something has pi**ed me off.

I am a member of another owners club and similar things were happening on there as is on here i.e. Traders not here to help but to hinder!...

I think you're wrong mate.

I, too, am a newbie here, coming from a very hands-on background in Vaux forums. Over there traders were indeed hindering and feeding people bullsheet in their desperate attempts to flog overpriced, useless crap.

To my surprise, I can say that the evidence here is markedly different :zen:

....which is nice.... :D

Guest the cod father
Oh I am sorry - please forgive me and accept my abject apologies whoever-you-are if I have in any way offended or made unreasonable and unfair references to the contributions you have made!

Thanks Paul you really do have a way with words :(

One simple question Paul can you say that you have never bought anything off here purely to keep the part for making profit on? I really don't think you can and that is the problem I have.

Some of the other traders on here will buy parts for their own car and I have no doubt you will to which I have no problem but unless you can honestly answer the above question stating you have never made profit from buying and selling second hand parts from here then I don't think you are in a position to take the pi** out of me.

Terry S thanks for you comments

Guest Terry S
Terry S thanks for you comments

Cod, it doesnt mean I think you are right, but IMHO there was no need for Paul to talk down to you that way, it wasnt that long ago he was a newbie around here.

Hmmm..

never made profit from buying and selling second hand parts from here

So by me buying a scrapped car, taking the bits I want and then selling the other bits for a profit (ie to cover storage and disassembly), I would be wrong...keep dreaming

At the end of the day, it is first come first served...

Given the total number of your posts (2), I'm assuming you have not been around here long, and since your first post was aggresive it does not set a good impression...Unless of course you have re-registered under a different name...

So you missed out on a part because somebody else bought it, such is life... I'm sure you don't react the same way and boycott tesco's because the little lady in front of you took the last pack of rolo's

And in defence of Miami-GT (and call me biased by all means since I am associated in one way or another with them), most of the parts that are bought are actually used on cars which are sold...or chromed up so that people can drive in, get the chrome bits fitted in exchange for their own..... which would you prefer, have your car off the road for 2 weeks while a part is at the polisher??

And this is the same for a few of the traders I assume (please correct me if I am wrong)

Gav...

Dont think so...I was in the running for the two CW decat pipes.....Paul got there before me and I didnt complain (im gutted but it was fair)...so why should you all pinch in to help troublemakers out ....that would seriously tick me off.

Gav,

[hijack]

Have you sold on all the unwanted parts of the scrapped supra (mainly thinking about interior bits 'n' bobs)?

I just want a measly ash tray. I don't even smoke, but the one I've got is scratched up, manky and the spring's broken. :cry:

[/hijack]

Steve

Guest the cod father

Terry S I was thanking you for your welcome I did not think you agreed with me.

Gav

You are missing my point, no of course there is nothing wrong with you buying a scrapped car etc. The point I am making is that Paul has bought a 2nd hand Decat already this month but as soon as somebody post up they are looking for one he reply's I have one for sale!

This to me and I think others looks like he is buying up the second hand parts to make money and no before you ask I have no proof.

I am not bitter or twisted its just like I said in my orginal post its an owners club where things like that should be left up for owners and not profitiers.

If anyone wants to buy something from Ebay and make profit off of it then thats fair enough the point I am making is that it is the MKIV Supra Club and not Ebay.

Everyone thanks the traders for group buys but I am sure you are all doing it for both the club and the profit(or do you make a loss on group buys) which is fine and would never say otherwise.

I think the chap was just ticked off at losing out to a trader...which is understandable as if they guy had wanted a new part at new prices he would have gone to a trader anyway, IYSWIM.

It IS, though, a case of first come first served - though I'd recommend anyone selling anything to only say it's sold once the money is in the bank. However, I also think Paul's last comment was unreasonable and un-professional for a company.

stevie... come see me tonight....

cod...

Okay.. fair enough.. I understand you are a little peeved at the whole thing... these things happen in the world... and perhaps things have been said by ALL the parties weren't completely objective..

I'm sure another bit will come up that you might want, and I'll run interference to make sure Paul E doesn't get it *grin*

On a different note, I would say sign up, pay your £10 and you will find that this is actually a very good place to be, even with the odd hiccup now and then

Gav