The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MANU = slow boost

Toms Supra

Yeh I know it does`nt kick down but it slow as anything to come on boost even when No.2 comes on it has a 3 second delay lol! it like everythings in slow motion! Try it I put my foot flat to the floor and it slow as anything. just drive along 20 -30 mph with MANU on and floor it!

Tom,

If you had your auto in D with MANU on, you were in 3rd gear (unless starting from a standstill, inwhich case you were in 2nd). I find MANU helpful when my wife is driving the car in the rain. Keeps her from getting sideways and wrapping it around a tree. She calls it "Her Man button". When MANU is engaged, you must shift manually, starting with L, 2, D, and O/D button if 4th gear is needed. I still don't know what ECT-i stands for however. Hope this helps.

But damm this auto box is complicated doesnt anyone has a manual for it that clears everything up? :)

Yes, it's the "owner's manual" that comes with the car mate :tongue:

What exactly is so complicated? In 'manual' mode you've got three gears, which you have to shift manually (unsurprisingly)

L is first gear, 2 is second and D is third.