The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NOS on TT VVT-i

Markie

All,

I am toying with the idea of getting some NOS installed.

Anyone got any ideas on how these systems perform on TT's, and is it not good for the engine?

Just generally after whether its worth it on the TT and the ADV and DIS of the wet systems. Looking at the ZEX wet system operated by WOT.

As far as I know .. Nitrous Oxide and fuel are delivered by an injector that manufacturers call a "Fogger". A Fogger is just a fancy name for a nozzle that combines your fuel and Nitrous into a cool "fog", and sprays it right through the throttle body.

The controller is a progressive controller .. which electronically delivers the N20 automatically at the appropriate RPM, to allow a more smoother delivery. It will also stop you from N20 delivery at low RPM!

All, of the above is my understanding - so might get someone smarter than me come along correcting this ! :D

Guest MICHAEL PORTER

HI MARKIE I run wet system with controller for last 3 years on non vvt motor with no problems.try Hi power wet nos system made in this country by a guy who BEEN DOING IT FOR 25 YEARS

We deal in Highpower Wizards of NOS systems and are the only systems we will indorse, a lot of the other systems have reliability issues with them, such as leaky solenoids and solenoid failure due to heat.

So if you are considering ANY system I would always recommend a Highpower system, we have this system installed on our Supra TT and have done for 3 years.

Progressive systems are the best due to the nature of the way the N2O is delivered, The controller works by giving you the ability to have a start power much lower than the final power.

eg: If an engine is capable of taking a 100 bhp of Nos @ 6000rpm, then its only capable of taking 50bhp at 3000rpm, therefore on a 50 hp system, only 50 hp maximum would be able to be used, having a progressive controller means that we can add NOS slower at the lower RPM and faster at high RPM, therefore giving you a much smoother delivery and are effectively doubling the the power you could use from a single hit.

The other advantage of using the Maximiser progressive controller is that on the drag strip you can use different amounts of nitrous and build times in each gear which will eliminate wheel spin and clutch slip.

The one thing I would strongly advise is that you have the system set up by someone with experience in Nitrous, too many times we have seen poorly fitted systems incorrectly set up and the outcome of these systems is "BOOM".

Both myself and DB have used the Zex kit... it does what it says on the tin to be fair... has the built in controller and solenoids, so for an entry level kit is sweet....

I'm still going to be using it in haribo, but I intend on putting the twisted sanity progressive controller in this time with it..

Gav

Are there reasons why you cannot use Nitrous on a car fitted with RLTC?

Yes...how many do you want lol :eek:

Racelogic TC cuts fuel to the cylinder when it senses wheel spin, my understanding is that it cuts the fuel one cylinder at a time to reduce the power to stop the wheelspin.

If you cut fuel to the cylinder the air from the turbo still goes in but with no fuel to burn it you don't get a lean burn....with a wet nitrous system, nitrous oxide and the correct amount of fuel to burn it and the air from the turbo would give a very lean burn, therefore ending the life of your engine.

My understanding of this is that the engine would detonate. If anyone has any further information about this then please let me know, coz we would love to be able to run nitrous with RLTC ;)

Tina. x