The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK brake question

evanshaw

This may sound silly to some of you, but please put up with my ignorance!

OK, as far as I know so far the UK brake spec is 4 pot at fron and 2 pot at rear whilst the Jspec is 2 pot at front and single pot at rear!

So if I was to buy the UK front 4 pot brakes to put on my Jspec, can the original fronts go onto the rear or are the mountings completely different?

I know youre all gonna laugh, but I had to ask!!!!!

• 5 months later...
This may sound silly to some of you, but please put up with my ignorance!

OK, as far as I know so far the UK brake spec is 4 pot at fron and 2 pot at rear whilst the Jspec is 2 pot at front and single pot at rear!

So if I was to buy the UK front 4 pot brakes to put on my Jspec, can the original fronts go onto the rear or are the mountings completely different?

I know youre all gonna laugh, but I had to ask!!!!!

Damn, I was going to attempt the same move. I'm swapping to U.S. fronts as soon as I have braided lines, which I'm looking for now.

What are the differences as far as the rear brakes other than the bigger calipers/pads?

Is the UK/U.S. rear rotor bigger than the Jspec or can I just swap UK/U.S. rear calipers onto a Jspec rear rotor without problems?

Thanks for all the information ahead of time.

Ok, thanks, looks like I'll have to wait for my next trip back to the U.S. for that purchase then. Is there a big difference between Jspec rears and U.S./U.K. rears? What about pads? Which are all around best? I'm looking for opinions here so fire away. I've heard that CW's fast road pads are pretty decent. I'd be interested to hear about wear vs performance.

completly different dude , nice try though , i once put 2 sets of calipers on each disc of a Dolly sprint and changed the master cylinder !!!!

Dude :devil:

hey nice mod!

my last car was the Lancia Delta Integrale, but before that I owned a Dolly Sprint with STR91 cams and 2" SUs etc

it's a small world, maybe great cars attract the same types of owner... The supra being a "great car" of course! :)