The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance With Admiral - HELP!!!!

suprasam

I originally got my insurance quote from Admiral who were very competitive and provided an excellent quote BUT now i am looking for a manual i returned to re-quote with a manual and i can't see it listed at all???? THey have Auto, Auto (import), turbo, turbo (import) etc etc the only one that doesn't mention a turbo or auto is FI???? any ideas i need to clarify the insurance is all good on the Manual although i can't believe its going to be much different from the auto.

Any ideas guys??

Suprasam

Admiral are the same company as elephant - for many of the cars you have to call them for a quote (chances are they have the car as a MK3)

My advice is to keep well away from them; they are absolutely hopeless and have a terrible reputation for paying up. Not only that but they won't insure many common mods like dump valves.

Try the club insurer Sky (they have saved many members a ton of money). I'm with A-Plan Special Schemes who gave a great quote and seems to have a better reputation for paying up.

Cheapest is not always best!!

Fair comment will try Sky - do they open on sat?? I was pleased with the quote i had from Admiral as it was really competitive but like you say if they are an arse to get to pay up then it may not be best.

Will see what Sky say - do i tell them i came from here or does that make no difference??

Suprasam

ive been with admiral for a number of years, havnt had any problems

Admiral are happy with completely stock cars. But when it comes to mods - even basic ones then they don't want to know.

Ask them about a Turbo Timer, HKS SSQ BOV, DEFI BF Gauges. They told me that the Turbo Timer is deemed as a Turbo upgrade. The sound of the BOV will attract thieves & the DEFI BF Gauges are unncessary instrumentation.