The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ZIG ZAG and SUPRA

ardasaliah

Hi- Any thoughts on this scenario?

Driving along a main road when I saw a mate so I pulled up to give him a lift. I happened to pull up on a zig zag line which I didn't realise was there. As they got in the car I turned round and noticed two community officers, one who seemed to be noting down my number plate.

No photo evidence. Just a few yards away the zig zags ended. The officers were a good ten meters behind on the other side of the road. I then drove off. They made no contact with me.

Can they issue me a ticket? My mate will back me up and say I didn’t stop on the zig zag.

What do you think will happen?

Hi- Any thoughts on this scenario?

Driving along a main road when I saw a mate so I pulled up to give him a lift. I happened to pull up on a zig zag line which I didn't realise was there. As they got in the car I turned round and noticed two community officers, one who seemed to be noting down my number plate.

No photo evidence. Just a few yards away the zig zags ended. The officers were a good ten meters behind on the other side of the road. I then drove off. They made no contact with me.

Can they issue me a ticket? My mate will back me up and say I didn’t stop on the zig zag.

What do you think will happen?

as they saw you leave, nothing will happen. did you have your hazards on ?

Stopping on a zig zag line on the approach to a crossing carries 3 points and a £60 fine. They are there for a reason, ie safety.

If you deny the offence, then technically you will be perverting the course of justice which carries a prison term. So will your mate.

It depends on what road the offence was committed on wether the Community Support Officer could report you. Ie if it was on a red route and the PCSO had yellow flashes on his shoulder badges, then he can report you as he is empowered as a Traffic Warden. If it was a normal PCSO ie no yellow badges then he can't. (me thinks)

The pcso CAN report you and ticket you for it whether theres yellow lines on uniform or not. Theres a difference between pcso's and cso's. Mainly a pcso is employed by the police force and has all powers to ticket you for various breaches of the law. A cso is employed by the local borough council and cant ticket you for any law breaking.

on that note I would like to thank the cop who let me off my speeding passed the natural history museum at quite a pace :rolleyes:

Some times Im such a div :tongue: Was racing SupraFly, The guy let supra fly keep going because I was winning and pulled me over! So winning is not always good guys !!

Any way, Nice chap and passed my breathaliser ect etc and I was on my way again... :thumbs:

a friend...got done dropping somoeone off in Harrow at the station and they were at the top of the road with binoculars and a digital camera...

Thing is they have recently taken away the pullin that let people drop their passengers off...its pethetic really as there is absolutely nowhere to stop!

on that note I would like to thank the cop who let me off my speeding passed the natural history museum at quite a pace :rolleyes:

Some times Im such a div :tongue: Was racing SupraFly, The guy let supra fly keep going because I was winning and pulled me over! So winning is not always good guys !!

Any way, Nice chap and passed my breathaliser ect etc and I was on my way again... :thumbs:

It's where i used to work. I must have taught them well!!! :tongue:

Stopping on a zig zag line on the approach to a crossing carries 3 points and a £60 fine. They are there for a reason, ie safety.

If you deny the offence, then technically you will be perverting the course of justice which carries a prison term. So will your mate.QUOTE]

Surely they need to provide hard evidence that I actually stopped. I could deny I stopped on the zig zag and say I stopped further down where the zig zags ended- my witness will confirm this. They were on the other side of the road 10 meters or so away. ? Would they not need photo evidence to have any chance of a conviction?

It's where i used to work. I must have taught them well!!! :tongue:

The cop started chatting to me about his RX7 and made me open my bonnet :read:

A femail officer statred giving me 21 questions and he told her to get back in the car, I thought it was all together a RESULT

:respekt:

This recently happend to a friend - 3am pulled in to the only space on the street behind a police car. Two officers in the same pizza shop as my mate. The police car was also on the zig zag, they waited issued an on the spot £60 and 3pts. bastards, all the other buggersgot away with it on both sides of the road as they followed him out of town.

Surely they need to provide hard evidence that I actually stopped. I could deny I stopped on the zig zag and say I stopped further down where the zig zags ended- my witness will confirm this. They were on the other side of the road 10 meters or so away. ? Would they not need photo evidence to have any chance of a conviction?

Nope, no photo evidence will be required. Their statement against yours. I know how a Magistrate would see it. Ie you could say.."They were mistaken we were a further 10 yards down the road." You would have to ask yourself what motive would they have for stitching you up?? My guess is you wont get an NIP/Summons anyhow.

I'm not siding with anyone, just offering an objective opinion based on experience. I would say if you did it (which you say you did) then take the fine etc. It would be more effort than its worth to try and convince a court otherwise that you didn't, will cost you alot of money.