The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra bodykit

BROARDSIDE

This is what me my brother and my mate done tuesday it looks sketchy now but it should look good when its sprayed monday i hope :thumbs:

before>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.cdsuk.net/before

during>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.cdsuk.net/during

after>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.cdsuk.net/after

and F*ck it was hard work i would never want to do it again :swear: :read:

I know what you mean. I took my front bumper off the other weekend and it literally took me and a mate all day cos we didnt know where all the screws were and stuff. Puttin it back on only took 45 mins tho. Found out the other day that i didnt even need to take it off!!!!! could have dont what i needed to do with it still in place. Oh well...Live and learn.... Wont do it again tho unless fitting a kit like u

The fit looks very good, sides and spats are nice but why did you go for the veilside front? Those things are so common and look pretty tacky compared to other kits

They are nicer than stock but there's so many better alternatives out there (stillen, c-west, do-luck, etc...)

The fit looks very good, sides and spats are nice but why did you go for the veilside front? Those things are so common and look pretty tacky compared to other kits

They are nicer than stock but there's so many better alternatives out there (stillen, c-west, do-luck, etc...)

if its tacky then tack me up :thanks:

See, this is what I find so confusing about this board - having read previous threads about taking the bumper off it seemed relatively easy, so here I am thinking about meshing up the front bumper. Then you read a thread like this... with two people doing the job... and you think 'Blimey, do I wanna do this or not?!'

So is taking off the front bumper a complete nightmare or relatively easy? :confused:

I was wondering the same thing as Dave. I've never seen a "How to take your bumper off" guide on this site. It would be useful.

I had one of my headlights out last night and I can see a nut holding the bumper on to the front of the wing but what else secures the bumper in place?

Also, that bumper on Broadswords car isn't a Veilside one. It's similar but different. It has some of the look of the Veilside C2 bumper but the lower side pieces aren't seperate from the upper side pieces. It's like a hybrid of the C1 and C2.

I was wondering the same thing as Dave. I've never seen a "How to take your bumper off" guide on this site. It would be useful.

Let's not get Broadside to write it though otherwise it'll be too rude to post up lol

Dave, sounds like you've volunteered, pictures as well please ;)

-Ian

I found the English (as opposed to japanese!) instructions that you can get off the MKIV site where there is a PDF file of the Greddy 3 row intercooler gives a pretty good idea of how to get the bumper off. I used these to fit the intercooler that Supradibbs kindly organised on that groupbuy. Oh and yes I meshed my bumper at the same time, but I am not sure I would want to remove the bumper just to mesh it!

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/greddy_fmic_manual/index.html

anyway, hope that is useful. I am no mechanic by any stretch of the imagination, but I got it on and off without too much trouble, and I even had spare screws and bolts left over afterwards! (am joking about the spare screws and bolts)

James

Dave,

Nope, I think you will have to take the bumper off to fit mesh. I just did it cos I had the front off the car for the FMIC, its a fair number of screws. I had three (small) margarine tubs with bolts and screws in when I took it off Take your time and follow the instructions and you shouldnt need to force anything, though some of the plastic clips holding it on can be quite stiff. The mesh took me all day to cut and fit as I was quite retentive about getting it looking very nice and contoured as I did the side intakes too and I didnt want to bodge it on with adhesive - mine fits through the factory mounting holes for the nose - photo to follow later when you can decide if my effort was worth it.

Let's not get Broadside to write it though otherwise it'll be too rude to post up lol

Dave, sounds like you've volunteered, pictures as well please ;)

-Ian

hey what the fu*k do you mean it would Be f**king rude what the F**k do you think i am some sort of F**cking foul mouthed F**cking yob mmm . . . . . yeh i see ya point

anyway it was not as bad as i have made it out to be there are the top fixings acroos the center of the bonnet you have to remove the lights aswell there are some fixings there. . . and its probably easier to remove the front sh*t plate from underneath (not sure if you can get away with just undoing the ones connected to the bumper its self )about 10 boults and that is off. . . the hardest nuts to get to are the ones at the edge oft the bumper either side. rite in the corner where the bumper meets the wheel arch they can be got from the wheel arch but you have to bend the plastic inner arch out the way . . . . and that should be it . . . . ah dont forget to unplug your indicators before you rip them off when your removing the bumper

as terawua this will give you an ideia where the bolts are http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/gr...nual/index.html

not sure if it helps that is all i can offer (im sh*t) :thumbs:

I like your style :D

I need one of those walls ASAP. I just sit on the floor and weep when things go wrong. I do it so often I'm in danger of getting piles.

yeh i know the wall has much better properties better for the spine and gives you something to throw yourself off if things get realy bad . . . with no chance of realy hurting yourself :)