The mkiv Supra Owners Club

it's a bit LOUD

carl0s

Just fitted my new RS*R GT2 exhaust and ummm it's a bit loud :rolleyes:

It kind of sounds like my mates VW Caddy Diesel Van sounded when the exhaust was fucked.

It hasn't given me any higher boost over stock either. It may well be allowing the turbo to gain more boost earlier, but I don't know since I never noted the levels before.

So who says stock exhaust is restrictive :rolleyes: ?

I have a full 3" decat BTW. UK Spec

The boost will be higher for definate , have you tried resetting your ECU????

It hasn't given me any higher boost over stock either. It may well be allowing the turbo to gain more boost earlier, but I don't know since I never noted the levels before.

you have answered your own boost question above??? they are producing more boost and the De Cat will help them Spool quicker

So who says stock exhaust is restrictive :rolleyes: ?

Stock exhaust is crap.....well restrivtive :tongue:

oooh sorry guys I take it back - just hit 16.8 psi - I have gained 3psi :)

Doesn't half drone a bit. I'll get used to it I'm sure :D

heh it's like All Eyes On Me :eek:

Strange thing though... No Fuel-Cut - I thought Fuel Cut was due at about 15 psi ?!

It may well be allowing the turbo to gain more boost earlier, but I don't know since I never noted the levels before.

you have answered your own boost question above??? they are producing more boost and the De Cat will help them Spool quicker

What I meant was that the max-boost hadn't increased, but I was perhaps hitting 5 - 10 psi earlier on if you see what I mean. However I have now discovered that I'm now hitting a max of 16.8 :D

Just fitted my new RS*R GT2 exhaust and ummm it's a bit loud :rolleyes:

It kind of sounds like my mates VW Caddy Diesel Van sounded when the exhaust was fucked.[/b]

Carl, your missing the point. It's meant to be loud :D

I love the sound of my RSR, but in all honesty, I could do with it being a bit louder ;)

I suppose it all depends on what you're looking for. I love the sound of open pipes, IMO you really can't beat it. The problem with the Supra is that the turbos do a reasonable job of silencing before the noise ever gets to the exhaust pipe, thats why N/As sound so loud!

Do yourself a favour Carl. Find a road where your not going to stack it, slow down, then boot it and wind it up to about 5000 in 2nd gear with about 3/4 throttle. Tell me that you didn't have just the biggest grin on your face :) Now find a tunnel or a bridge and do it again :)

If you don't enjoy that, you've got no soul :flame:

Just enjoy it, I mean you didn't buy a Supra to blend into the crowd, did you?

Carl, your missing the point. It's meant to be loud :D

I love the sound of my RSR, but in all honesty, I could do with it being a bit louder ;)

I suppose it all depends on what you're looking for. I love the sound of open pipes, IMO you really can't beat it. The problem with the Supra is that the turbos do a reasonable job of silencing before the noise ever gets to the exhaust pipe, thats why N/As sound so loud!

Do yourself a favour Carl. Find a road where your not going to stack it, slow down, then boot it and wind it up to about 5000 in 2nd gear with about 3/4 throttle. Tell me that you didn't have just the biggest grin on your face :) Now find a tunnel or a bridge and do it again :)

If you don't enjoy that, you've got no soul :flame:

Just enjoy it, I mean you didn't buy a Supra to blend into the crowd, did you?

mmm yes I do quite like it now. I went to a 'function' in Leeds last night so had a proper play.

Firstly, I have now experienced fuel-cut. After sustained high boost (16.4 psi for 0.5sec), I get Fuel Cut. Next on the shopping list is CW SMIC & TRL FCD.

The exhaust sounds great in normal driving, but there are some problems on the motorway. It seems that if I accelerate to 100mph and then allow the car to decellerate naturally to ~ 80 - 90mph, I am unable to hold the car at 80 - 90mph (by supplying a small amount of throttle) without this hurrendous drone. I mean like SERIOUS drone!

Strangely, if the car slows to ~70mph and I then accelerate up to 80 - 90 and hold it there, it's fine. It's just when the cars decellerating and I then try to maintain speed. Weird huh?

Going back to the city-driving noise. Yeah I like it, but I just feel bad for all the families in their homes when I drive past! I was kind of hoping to beef the car up a bit so it sounds like TVR-y or Ferrari-y, but it's like.. no-exhaust-y :eek:

Haven't done the tunnels yet, will do soon though :D

There is another problem.. the exhaust isn't exactly compatible with my other purchase which arrived on the same day ..

http://www2.css-networks.com/k2p.jpg