The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bulb holder for facelift indicators/sidelights?

mr_maj

Ive got some clear facelift indicators and sidelights with no bulb holders, the side light one is larger in diameter, i can probably use exisiting holder and wiring for indicators but does anyone know where i can get the holder for the sidelight? I dont need any wiring as this will be a 2 min DIY job.

Would appreciate any advice from you guys.

The pre-facelift orange blob bumper indicator has slightly larger bulb holder than the facelift. You can get a new harness from Mr T, use secondhand Avensis wing indicator wiring or as I did - Chopped off the bulb holder bit from the orange blob, widened the bulb holder on the new one and glued the old one to that.

Not sure about the wing indicators - Mines went straight on

Lol Supro some DIY there, what about when your bulb goes youl have to prise the glued holder apart and they glue it back it again after replacing the bulb!

I might check out the new harness from T, i take it that includes everything id need?

Lol Supro some DIY there, what about when your bulb goes youl have to prise the glued holder apart and they glue it back it again after replacing the bulb!

I might check out the new harness from T, i take it that includes everything id need?

na, I cut off and glued on the whole bulb connector RECESS from the old indicator on to the new one so that the old bulb holder/bulb screws in/out like it did on the original! I just had to get orange bulbs at a pound each! Saves you from buying new harness with new style bulb holder!

All you have to do is:

Widen the hole of the bulb holder recess on the new one. Cut off the recess bit (Where the bulb holder screws onto) off the old one and just glue it onto the new one!

na, I cut off and glued on the whole bulb connector RECESS from the old indicator on to the new one so that the old bulb holder/bulb screws in/out like it did on the original! I just had to get orange bulbs at a pound each! Saves you from buying new harness with new style bulb holder!

All you have to do is:

Widen the hole of the bulb holder recess on the new one. Cut off the recess bit (Where the bulb holder screws onto) off the old one and just glue it onto the new one!

And when you come to have to replace the bulb, everything is a stuck mess cos its been glued and chopped and bodged lol :rolleyes:

I did a tutorial........and its the easiest way........

And when you come to have to replace the bulb, everything is a stuck mess cos its been glued and chopped and bodged lol :rolleyes:

I did a tutorial........and its the easiest way........

Sorry, my fault for the misunderstanding - It's only the actual bulb holder connector/recess block that I've cut off and stuck onto the new one - so the original bulb holder can be screwed on/off as normal - does that make sense? :stickpoke

That was very easy for me! plastic took 30 seconds to cut off with a jig saw and then just a bit of glue

So basically, I'm using the original bulb (in orange) and original pre-facelift bulb holder on face-lift bumper indicators and the bullb holder screws in and out like the original too!!!!!! So no undoing of glue or hacking. To change my bulb now is same as it was when it left the factory!