The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MKIV Supra 7 page profile in May's Jap Performance

Faye Brother

Its full of mistakes (again) too. I offered to proof read it too for the writer, and although he said he sent it - I never got it.

Oh well.

Gaz.

Have to agree with Gaz regarding the mistakes, still at least the Supra get's a feature which doesn't happen that often.

I feel a lunchtime trip to WH Smiths coming on............... :tongue:

Hope its worth it cos the last few months its been cack !! :complain:

Read before you buy, the rest of the mag is only so-so (again). I can see my subscription lapsing at this rate :complain:

Have to agree with Gaz regarding the mistakes, still at least the Supra get's a feature which doesn't happen that often.

True :)

Anyone noticed the Scooby features again - 2 pages of scooby adverts, 5 page scooby feature, 4 pages of scooby ads, 3 page scooby feature - all back to back!

Gaz.

They've still got the "what to look for" from the MkIII in there too. You know, the bit that says head gaskets are prone to failure. And they've still got the dates all wrong. 97 for REAS and the facelift, 98 for VVTi and production ceasing in 99? Errr, no. Plus the same old myths, 280bhp for the Jspec, small brakes on all Jspecs etc etc. Maybe we should correct all the errors and send them from the club?

No, if people want the car they can goto the forums listed and ask the people who actually drive them whats up.

Bollocks to that, they can use the search button :D :read: :innocent:

Anyone seen the NA UK spec 'entirely different' beast? :) Oh, and the J-specs will do 180mph at the start of the article but only 170 by the end of it. Why don't they ask, er, some owners or perhaps an owners forum for this sort of info ffs?

Scary Steve, take note :sly:

-Ian

Obviously being new and seeing you all comment on mistakes - i am confused when they do there spec run down.

SZ - Non Turbo model no rear wing, five speed manual or auto gearbox.

SZ-R - As SZ but with six speed manual gear box and LSD.

Stick with me hear!!!! So the SZ APPARENTLY has no rear spoiler - most Supras i have looked at ALL have rear spoilers bar a few????? THere is no mention on the SZ-R of whether it does or doesn't have a rear spoiler - the SZ categorically says 'no rear wing' - when i am looking os there any way of knowing which model i am actually looking at from any encoding in the VIN or owt?????

Cheers

Suprasam

Si, step away from the magazine!

Those things contain virtually no 'real' information about the cars they feature (Supra's or otherwise). You're best off ignoring them completely and asking here (or on the appropriate owners club forum).